My List of UI Changes (This is Darragh)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My List of UI Changes (This is Darragh)

Alright, I just had a few suggestions for UI changes. This is going to be a small list that didn't make it into my Comprehensive List due to me being dumb and forgetting to add them.

Once Again, I am going to color code it using the Triage code colors.

Red = #1 Change
      Yellow = I like it! (It is going to be orange)
      Green = Meh, It could be a good idea.

Alright, So my number one change I'd like to see is.... SOUNDS! Yes, I'd like to see sounds in CoW. I think its probably too late for them to be added, but why not suggest them? They could be like something from CoN, You click on a unit they say like "Armies finest here!" instead of them moving to attention. Or "LISTEN UP TROOPS!" When they are in battle, you could hear machine guns firing instead of them talking. When motorized units are moving you can hear driving, Non Mechanized/Motorized units would have a marching sound when moving. Armored Units could have a tank sound when driving. Planes could have a plane sound effect. You guys get the point.

I decided to move to a darker shade of Yellow because I can see it better. Anyway, More small changes I'd like to see is a difference between a unit moving and a unit attacking. Example, Currently the attack/move line is the same. I would like to see a simple change of color between the two, Moving could be blue and the attack could be red. Just so a player knows what that unit is doing and knows they are moving. I like to see that all my units are actually moving and that I can see their path without having to zoom in or click on that unit.

I think it would be cool to see a change in the views. For example, a Political View, Enemy countries would be outlined in Red, Trade Embargo countries would have Orange, Peaceful countries would have just a blue or Green. Share map could be white, and Right of Way could have yellow.

There could also be a change in the color schemes? I dunno, CoW is a little too drab for me. I understand other players might or might not support this. Just make it a little brighter and what not. This idea is still being cooked up in my head, will edit when I have a better understanding of what I am talking about.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"