Loss of acquired resources...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Loss of acquired resources...

As a tactical move, I abandoned my territroies and allowed my territories to be conquered...my plan was to go back an recapture...but alas, all the resources I had acquired were gone...zero...so now I have no resources to repair/rebuild...why? the resources were mine...

I had a good size army...why would I be considered out of the game, if I still have armies and resources?

Granted, and unorthodox move, but hey, my decision...I just wish I would have known, before making such a bold move...Doesn't make sense to lose all my resources...

• The resources were in the imaginary depots of your provinces and, of course, were looted or destroyed when conquered; so, no provinces = no depots = no resources ..
      Sad; but hey, ... also pretty funny :00008674:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • injinji wrote:

I have a recovery tactic that's similar, but you put up your resources up for sale at 30 money each, it's unlikely anyone will buy them at that crazy price. Once you're defeated you just take them back.
      then you add tonnes of scammy buy offers so that all of your hard earned money is stored. (I also use this strategy to appear weaker so that when I attack somebody, they are surprised and caught off guard)
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • In one game I was sending a convoy of units to another area of the map to try and salvage a few points for the month in PL. All my territories were captured and all the resources I had stashed in the market evaporated because either
      1) I lost all my territories or
      2) because I lost my capital.

I managed to rebuild my capital after capturing a province, but I had to do some trading of the new resources I captured and borrow from allies to do it. So be careful of the market hiding technique, it can back fire.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda