Messaging mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Messaging mechanics

I propose editing the messaging mechanics that permits moving the messaging window to the side or have it pop up on the side. The message window blocks the map and I repeatedly cancel my message to look again at the map to ensure I am referring to the correct city or province.
      This change would enhance coordination with allies, and reduce the time spent on this function.

2nd Could the message be saved until i return to the message? it's deleted immediately whenever I switch functions. Of the two, I would prefer a moveable or shrinkable message window.
    • I've noted this as well. When I remember in advance I try to move the area of the map to one side or the other so I can see a little of the area I want to reference. When I forget, my work around for your second problem is to ctrl + C of my message. Then after I have moved and or double checked the map I can ctrl + V the message to where I left off.

Idar's suggestion would make things much easier.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • You have to drag the map before you open the newspaper or diplomatic windows. Once the windows are open you are stuck on the map location.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • For things like newspaper posts where I want to spell province names correctly, or times when I have a longer message to compose I keep a simple notepad txt file open that I can resize, move, or minimize on top of the map to hammer out my thoughts, and then copy/paste.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<