Per Round Deadline

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Per Round Deadline

Have received notification that the 45 day "Per Round Deadline" has been reached. What does that mean exactly? Can't find anything in the forum that explains whether it makes sense to continue or not beyond that deadline. Please advise.
    • Tyrant Queen wrote:

Have received notification that the 45 day "Per Round Deadline" has been reached. What does that mean exactly?
      I've been playing Call of War for over two years, and I have no idea what that means. Assuming the game is ranked because it had enough active human players at its start, as far as I can tell, the 45-day deadline has no practical effect on the counting of your game victories, gold rewards, battle stats, kills-to-losses ratio, or provinces captured. In fact, I am completely unaware of any stats that are even compiled or calculated on a per-game/per-round basis . . . . all statistics of which I am aware are compiled on a cumulative basis, and include all ranked games in which you have participated to date.
    • Some achievements like "Kill 1.000 units of ..." are counted only up to day 45 (former day 40).

What I know about it, I once wrote here: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/16572-ranking-ends/&post

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Some achievements like "Kill 1.000 units of ..." are counted only up to day 45 (former day 40).
      Which, of course, is fine if you're playing on the 22-player map, which is usually over and one by Day 45. That makes precious little sense on the 50- and 100-player maps, which often go much longer.

By the way, @Restrisiko, have you checked the stats you think are impacted by the Day 45 limitation recently? I'm pretty sure in my last game, which lasted almost 10 months, that I blasted 20 or 25 heavy tank units at around the 5 or 6-month mark (Day 150 to Day 180), and those were counted in my totals for the relevant stats and achievement awards . . . .
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Some achievements like "Kill 1.000 units of ..." are counted only up to day 45 (former day 40).

What I know about it, I once wrote here: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/16572-ranking-ends/&post
      Was always my understanding. The game remains ranked, as long as there are still at least two active players. One active player, and further actions will stop counting as ranked after (three days?)
      Free Time looks good on me
    • WiseOdin wrote:

Was always my understanding. The game remains ranked, as long as there are still at least two active players. One active player, and further actions will stop counting as ranked after (three days?)
      As described above, I'm pretty certain that the 45-day deadline is no longer functioning as intended, and I have 20 or 25 extra heavy tank kills (as well as several other categories, like railroad guns) to my credit to prove it.
    • WiseOdin wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Stops counting toward your ranking 12 days after the last other human player goes inactive. You get an in game notice when you log in to game.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Which, of course, is fine if you're playing on the 22-player map, which is usually over and one by Day 45. That makes precious little sense on the 50- and 100-player maps, which often go much longer.
      By the way, @Restrisiko, have you checked the stats you think are impacted by the Day 45 limitation recently? I'm pretty sure in my last game, which lasted almost 10 months, that I blasted 20 or 25 heavy tank units at around the 5 or 6-month mark (Day 150 to Day 180), and those were counted in my totals for the relevant stats and achievement awards . . . .
      My observations are already older than one year, but in all my games all achievements such as "Kill so and so many units ..." were never counted after day 40/45.
      Of course, there may have been changes in the meantime.
      However all the achievements with "Build so and so many militia, rockets, rocketfighters, etc ..." were still scored, even still on my test map which is now in day 598.

But maybe it's also related to the number of players and the type of map / AI.
      Just recently someone told me that he plays an elite AI map with more than 3 active players after day 120, where even kills and constructions are still counted for the ranking points.
      Although I can hardly believe - but as one can see, I know basically nothing... 8|

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D