Research is Key (April Fools)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Choppers - WW2?? Don't think of them as helicopters - think of them as Transport planes flying in a sort of vertical configuration.
    We have nukes - so lets just take what we get.
    "Unit Surrender" should be a standard option for any French or Italian forces.
    While we're at it - can we get a 'National Guard' Infantry Unit. It would cost 3x goods and time to build and consume 3x food and goods per day and be about 1/3 the value of a Regular Infantry. ^^
    "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
    General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
  • VorlonFCW wrote:

Oh good. I was wondering when this would be made public.

And I wonder, since when such details will published in advance.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• no one worry about with atomicsubmarines delivered nuclear rockets?

It is over. No Strategie can help vs it. Also Gamerounds older then day 60 cant be played fair.
    Even now after certanly confirmation that we get update on april 4th, i cant believe it is not a joke, chopper and submarines delivered a-rockets are not what we need. Paratroopers wich flying choppers aren't what we waited for.

really i hope it is only bad joke.
  • attacker101 wrote:

Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

WayneBo wrote:

read carefully:

"Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings"
    u reminded me my forum sig is out of date :|
    LOL. it is snowing here so it is OK. merry easter!
    Welcome to Canada
    "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
    Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
  • Also, to everyone who thinks that choppers were not in WW2:

May I present the Focke Achgelis FA 223

Can you please add the dragons now?
    Jack London, White Fang

The post was edited 1 time, last by NukeRaider33 ().

• NukeRaider33 wrote:

Also, to everyone who thinks that choppers were not in WW2:
    Yes, many of us are well aware that both the Americans and Germans produced limited numbers of helicopters and auto-gyros during the war, but I challenge you to provide a single instance where any of the U.S. Army Air Force, the U.S. Navy, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or the Luftwaffe used any of them in combat or used any of them to transport combat troops. As far as I know, not a single chopper of any kind or model was ever used in combat during WW2 because they were still very much experimental, none of them were armed, and they had a very limited lift capacity to carry only one or two persons. Helicopter technology was simply not ready for prime time in 1943-45, and it would not be until 1949-50 when the U.S. military services began to mass produce them primarily for air rescue of downed pilots, medical evacuation of wounded personnel, and for limited use as air transport, and even then they were relatively fragile and vulnerable to ground fire. The first widespread use of armed helicopters for combat was the Vietnam War, 20+ years after WW2 ended.
  • MontanaBB wrote:

NukeRaider33 wrote:

Also, to everyone who thinks that choppers were not in WW2:
    Yes, many of us are well aware that both the Americans and Germans produced limited numbers of helicopters and auto-gyros during the war, but I challenge you to provide a single instance where any of the U.S. Army Air Force, the U.S. Navy, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or the Luftwaffe used any of them in combat or used any of them to transport combat troops. As far as I know, not a single chopper of any kind or model was ever used in combat during WW2 because they were still very much experimental, none of them were armed, and they had a very limited lift capacity to carry only one or two persons. Helicopter technology was simply not ready for prime time in 1943-45, and it would not be until 1949-50 when the U.S. military services began to mass produce them primarily for air rescue of downed pilots, medical evacuation of wounded personnel, and for limited use as air transport, and even then they were relatively fragile and vulnerable to ground fire. The first widespread use of armed helicopters for combat was the Vietnam War, 20+ years after WW2 ended.
    Hey, just saying. Anyhow the Soviets and the Japanese also did not have rockets during the war, and American rockets were developed post WW2, so why not add another supposedly exclusive unit and stretch the timeframe a bit again?
    Jack London, White Fang

• still think Paratroopers would have been cool. But this was a good joke for the holidays. ^^
    Images
    • quote-war-is-a-game-that-is-played-with-a-smile-if-you-can-t-smile-grin-if-you-can-t-grin-keep-out-of-winston-churchill-37276.jpg

60.17 kB, 850×400, viewed 35 times
  • NukeRaider33 wrote:

Anyhow the Soviets and the Japanese also did not have rockets during the war, and American rockets were developed post WW2 . . .
    The game is based on the best available technology being available to all countries. In real life, only the Germans were able to produce cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and jet fighters, only the Americans and British were able to mass-produce long-range heavy bombers, and only the Americans produced a 35-knot battleship or an aircraft carrier that could carry 80 to 100 combat aircraft, but those weapons systems and technologies are available to all in-game countries. At the level of simplicity and abstraction exhibited by Call of War, that was really the only viable choice available to the developers.

NukeRaider33 wrote:

. . . so why not add another supposedly exclusive unit and stretch the timeframe a bit again?
    Not to be a grouch, but there are already too many fantasy units and anachronisms that have been added to the game, which have no place in a WW2-based game -- or in a game in which a hypothetical Second World War continued into the early 1950s. The game would be better without nuclear rockets with tactical accuracy, nuclear-powered submarines and ships, and rocket fighters with extended range and a decisive ability to defeat conventional fighters. Most of didn't come here to indulge our what-if fantasies, but to try our hands at something resembling WW2-era tactics.
  • Dramos wrote:

Let’s be realistic most of the cow fan base won’t care if about the helicopters to nuclear subs carrying nuclear rockets since it is sorta what they asked for
    Most of our "fan base" is 15 to 21 years old, and has never read a book that wasn't assigned in class. Most of COW's paying customers, however, are considerably older and better informed about the history and technology of the Second World War.
  • Dramos wrote:

No game or very few games will ever be fully accurate so just give what the players want. . . .
    Many of us have been asking for "paratroops" (i.e. an airborne infantry unit) for almost three years. Airborne troops were one of the great technological and tactical innovations of the Second World War, but instead of a real unit that played an important role in the war on the western front, we have been given several anachronisms that played no actual role in the war whatsoever. And I am pretty sure no one asked for 45-knot nuclear battleships; the game developers came up with that fantasy on their own.