Economics and Politics confusion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Economics and Politics confusion

I think the Economics and the politics pages on the newspaper are mixed up. correct me if I am wrong.
      Images
      • Screenshot (113).png

1.28 MB, 1,449×815, viewed 122 times
      • Screenshot (114).png

1.46 MB, 1,567×881, viewed 88 times
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

I think the Economics and the politics pages on the newspaper are mixed up. correct me if I am wrong.
      I am a little confused, too.

Exactly what constitutes "politics" in this game? Province trades? A human player being "deposed" and replaced by the AI? The obvious answer is alliances and coalitions, but those are never publicly announced.

"Economics" is easy: it's the construction of all infrastructure, industrial complexes, air bases, naval bases, barracks and fortifications, all of which contribute to the production of in-game resources, either directly or indirectly (although one might argue that the latter four are more military than economic in the real world).
    • MontanaBB wrote:

"Economics" is easy: it's the construction of all infrastructure, industrial complexes, air bases, naval bases, barracks and fortifications, all of which contribute to the production of in-game resources, either directly or indirectly (although one might argue that the latter four are more military than economic in the real world).
      Then, why is the "Who is at war with who" stuff in Economics?
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • NukeRaider33 is right, the headers "Politics" and "Economics" are interchanged and should be swapped.
      Also in the German version and also in Supremacy1914.

I already reported that as a bug half a year ago. Received answer from Kedeli that this "will be checked".
      To Bytro Support: Ticket number is [#KHZ-124280].
    • Lol. I remember people used to keep on letting them know about unit inaccuracies in the research table, then they said it doesn't matter because it is just a representation. Maybe they think the same about this.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• MontanaBB wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

I remember people used to keep on letting them know about unit inaccuracies in the research table . . . .
      I've encountered them (and reported them); all were apparently 0.1 rounding errors.
      Lol, I was on about the pictures and names etc, I suppose those too. I have never heard of that before, is it a recent thing?
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Lol, I was on about the pictures and names etc, I suppose those too.
      I reported that the American L4 Destroyer photo was incorrect a year ago. It's purportedly supposed to be a Fletcher-class destroyer, named for the lead ship of the class, the USS Fletcher. The photo clearly displays a hull number in plain view from a different ship of a different class built 7 or 8 years earlier. I've given up reporting that kind of thing because no-one in Hamburg gives a rat's @$$. It's even goofier when you realize that the game's destroyer squadron icon is a Fletcher-class destroyer.

Meh. What can you do if no-one cares enough to fix those kinds of errors?
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Hans A. Pils wrote:

I already reported that as a bug half a year ago. Received answer from Kedeli that this "will be checked".
      To Bytro Support: Ticket number is [#KHZ-124280].
      Hey, @VorlonFCW, were you still looking for an example of the Bytro "black hole?"

Hello

Thank you for your report.

This is a known bug and currently being worked on by the developers.

:)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<