(Dis)Embarking Combat Mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (Dis)Embarking Combat Mechanics

Damage does not seem to calculate consistently (or, sometimes, at all) when a land unit is attacking a naval unit right on the coast and vice-versa. Here is a screenshot from a game where I am Germany and am at war with Sweden, who is an active player:

His 1 unit is moving away from my 7 on the shoreline, and no damage has been sustained by either party for over a day. This has also happened with an AI in another game. My submarine was sent ahead to scout out troop movements, and had erroneously disembarked, leading to a confrontation with the AI's main stack as said stack was embarking. No damage has been done to either party in the three days they have been fighting. Here is a screenshot of that one:
    • The problem is known by several facts. It´s related to the different status of the units. So when you have an infantry unit on water it just can be damaged by units that make damage to water units.... On the other hand earlier there was a bug submarines could not do damage to shipped units.

We need to wait for next update or so until the dev´s fixed the problem.
    • ehhhh....am I right in thinking that land units cannot attacking units (dis)embarking? In one of my games my troops on the shore have gotten into combat(red lightning bolt) with ground troops at sea(convoy) that are embarking but no damage is being dealt to either side. Is this working as intended?
    • Whoa, whoa. So you're saying that even if enemy troops disembarking arre being attacked, no damage is dealt? That's just not logic! I think units disembarking should have 75% of their force taken away, but they can still defend themselves and be attacked. Otherwise, you can just disembark without fear of your troops getting killed.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Young wrote:

Personally I think you should use the same system as Supremacy with the disembarking, still having a small strength but weak while on water and/or [dis]embarking
      I would think that regular units could only disembark/embark from port cities only(where an actual port has been created). Now that brings up a need to create a beach head so people can land on various points where no ports exist. A beach head would be something that would need to be researched as troops randomly landing any where is stupid in my opinion. Or the creation of landing Crafts to carry troops.