Hacker?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have been playing a game for a couple weeks now, Game 2281066, and it looks like France is hacking.

- He is making trades for provinces I own, and he never sends a trade request. I know this because it says that he is making trades in the newspaper, and none of my provinces that he ' 'traded'' for had low morale.

- All these provinces were mine and my allies, two each. He did not invade them, and I know that he could not have traded for them because I am in close contact with my ally, a friend from school, and he also thought that he must be hacking.

- You can only trade for one province a day, how did he miraculously trade 4?

- I included a picture of France at his current position, so you can easier reference the provinces I am reffering to

- When my friend and I were playing at Lunch I was looking at his industrial complex layout system to maximize his oil production, and when we had scrolled over to check out where our naval bombardment should begin the day of the attack, in a few minutes while we were looking at our naval target at Borduox, in south France, the map miraculously switched to Share Map, for both of us at least!!! Thank god we were quick and changed our relation back, because I was positive my friend did not accept a trade, because in his diplomacy message tab, there was no correspondance with France at that time.

- While for the short period we were able to see all of France's forces, the total strength of all of his armies was not greater than 50 and 30 of that fifty was located in Yugoslavia, these were Anti-Tank regiments, which are well known for their slow speed. We were also able to check all of his productions in his provinces, and we found that he was producing four counts of Artillery, all provinces he was producing in had no greater than level three industrial complexs.

- The day of the attack, less than eight hours later, the Naval bombardment started as planned and all was going well, the first problem that I noticed was after I took Brest, and started moving inland, I reached a Medium tank divison equipped with three medium tanks, two light tanks, three Anti tank, and some infantry. There was no way he had this divison yesterday. When I saw this I immediatly wheeled my divison out of there and headed off toward the coast, where I was trying to embark and get out of harms way. The problem was that when I got to Brest, which just a couple hours ago was unocuppied, I noticed that one of his divisons that had been the Yugoslavian front just hours ago appeared blocking the way. All of those divisons, even if in forced lunch would have taken some days to reach their target, and in forced march they would have been damaged, but these arived in perfect condition

- I decided that the opperations should still continue, and I have already been running into these divisons very often now. He has not enough industry to produce so much, and it seems that for every divison I annihalate, I end up meeting two more a couple hours later.

- Because of my divisons quickly failing I don't know how much longer I will be able to hold off. I because of my low manpower have been unable to produce any backup divisons so after this fails, I will be unable to survive.

- I have looked to check if he is a beggining player that maybe he has all the gold you get at the begginging and maybe he mass produced divisons, he is not a begginging player. So unless he bought gold, which is possible, it does not give an excuse why he was able to trade for my provinces without my concent.

- Any ideas would be greately appreciated.

Jeffrey_214
      Images
      • stažený soubor.png

78.32 kB, 465×159, viewed 74 times
      • stažený soubor (1).png

717.76 kB, 1,183×324, viewed 139 times
    • I don't see any evidence of hacking in your report.

ulun64 wrote:

When an ally capture the core province of his allies. the core province will be revert back to that country that's own the province. For your case is France's allies capture France core province so it's revert back to France and WH will report as a trade treaty...
      This is the correct answer.

So I assume France is in a coalition with someone else. and the someone else recaptured the provinces, so they reverted to french control.

The other possibliity is that france joined your coalition, which gave him back the provinces you took from him, and would also explain the share map. You might ask your coalition leader about that, or if you had applied to a coalition and the application was still open this is also a possibliity.

I have seen people use forced march and heal units with gold, but I don't advise that approach myself. Using the same gold to speed up production of a replacement seems to be a better choice.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • WayneBo wrote:

Save your fanciful excuses, Vorlon.
      When the original country recaptures it's own provinces, a CNN inspired false report is issued.

If you could document that with a couple of screenshots as a regularly occuring event and submit a bug report I will pass it along.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• gyazo.com/a43660fae0e49a9ff2ee92e3c71651af

gyazo.com/508470b250eb9a53fc4110f2c9878a14

This is from this month´s PL. A British tank took back three of his own provs from Italy, two before day change and one after.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

If you could document that with a couple of screenshots as a regularly occuring event and submit a bug report I will pass it along.
      I haven't seen this issue in the last 10 days or so, but inaccurate newspaper reports were being issued in the game that Pete is currently hosting when Italy and AI Austria were capturing each other's provinces two or three weeks ago. It was reported at the time, and weirdly, the problem seemed to be limited to those two countries and not others in the game.
    • In order for a bug to be easily fixed it needs to be fully described.

"Sometimes you see articles like this : ". Is not enough of a description. Sure I can report it to the devs, but they don't know what events occurred in the game, and trying to go back and do a forensic reconstruction of an event like that from newspaper reports is time consuming.

If you can determine a pattern when something occurs and show when it repeats and possibly when it doesn't then we have something to zero in on.

For example: does this news report always occur when a person takes back their own core now? Or only if they are in a coalition? Does it do it every time or just occasionally.

And given the nearly weekly updates data from weeks ago isn't something you can bank on any longer.

There is also the impact that bugs have to be considered. A newspaper reporting error that does not affect gameplay or a vast majority of users will not get the same level of priority as a bug that impacts everyone.

VorlonFCW

• Hello,

as stated in this thread, when you conquer a province from an enemy and this province was originally a core province of one of your coalition members, you automatically trade this province to your coalition member. The newspaper documents this trade.

it is a known bug that it triggers this messag in the newspaper also when you conquer your own core province back. We will fix it eventually, but it does not have highest prio right now as its only a wrong newspaper article.
    • freezy wrote:

Hello,

as stated in this thread, when you conquer a province from an enemy and this province was originally a core province of one of your coalition members, you automatically trade this province to your coalition member. The newspaper documents this trade.

it is a known bug that it triggers this messag in the newspaper also when you conquer your own core province back. We will fix it eventually, but it does not have highest prio right now as its only a wrong newspaper article.
      I understand that it's not a priority, but it hasn't been for two years now and it starts to get a bit irritating...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.