Arms Race

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear generals,

it is time again for our Arms Race event and the challenge to manage and coordinate the massive amounts of units and resources that are provided on this map on day 1. Five light tanks, four medium tanks, three artillery units, two mechanized infantries, two anti-tank units, one commando and one anti-air unit will be stationed in all urban provinces protecting your already fully upgraded buildings, ready to receive orders. In all non-urban provinces you will find three infantry units.

• Sign-up period: April 13, 11 AM CEST - April 16, 11 am CEST
      • 2x speed
      • 1st place (solo victory) receives 10,000 Gold + VP as reward
      • starts-when-full
      • random country selection
      • players flagged as inactive after 2 real-life days
      • AI & human player peace period of 1 real-life day

Additional improvements and bug fixes with today’s release:

• We improved the new statistics window even further (e.g. added tooltips)
      • You will now be able to see human/inactive/AI icons next to the capital at the minimum zoom level.
      • The game information would not show whether a game had Elite-AI and/or coalitions. This has been fixed.
      • You are now able to invite other players into your alliance by accessing their user profile.
      • In some cases, changing diplomatic relations with coalition members was not possible via the Diplomacy panel. This has been fixed.
      • The in-game newspaper was affected by a number of bugs which led to articles not being displayed or filters being reset when switching pages. These have been fixed. In addition, filters now also remain applied after closing and reopening the newspaper.
      • In the alliance administration, we renamed the "Moderator" rank to "Officer" to better reflect military ranks.
      • In some cases the supply crate icon was not clickable on the map, we fixed this issue.

Your Call of War team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Is there any reason why there are no Arms Race matches available? I did a search ONLY for those and none were found.

They should have been available for the better part of a day, now.

(EDIT)

Resolved by restarting the browser. Interesting that this would need to be done since the Arms Race Event map has been a part of the front page in the past and has remained an option in the search list for a while now (and I've restarted the browser many many times since the last Arms Event).
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by Diabolical ().

• There are a few reports of some lag loading games today, but that doesnt' sound like your issue. Can you send in a bug report from the link in my signature and I can take a look?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • It was a limited time event, so new ones aren't being created currently.

If you were playing one it shouldn't have just vanished though. If a game you were playing vanished please click the link in my signature here and create a bug report. Please list the game number which you would have in your messages from when the game started.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• as the first post in this thread says, you could only join arms race game from april 13 to april 16. No more will be made until the next time this event is run.

VorlonFCW