Display Resources Only

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Display Resources Only

We need a new option choice in the display for Resources Only (no province labels). It doesn't need to be another button, just have the Display Resource do a three-way toggle between three modes (no resource overlay, resource overlay (with labels), and resource overlay (no labels)). Actually, to be fair, there could be a fourth option to have labels only (without resources), such that the toggle would rotate four ways and include the "label overlay (no resources)" or something similar.

Simple, effective, and lets you see resources without the sight pollution of a gazillion province names when you don't want them there.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • @freezy, below, my response to @Zappper inspired me to a couple map display ideas that might be worth your checking out.

~O~

Zappper wrote:

Can't we see that in province tab, or am I not understanding what you are saying?
      No. It is currently set to either display both the map resources AND province names OR neither. This is for desktop version only. In the mobile version, "Show Resources" actually does not show resources except for in urban provinces. That's kinda nice since the province names can get crowded on the smaller screens, but I'd still like to see the other options for Mobile version, also.

The mobile version is cumbersome and difficult to do province management since you can't easily work with specific multiple ones, together in some circumstances. At least, if the prior options were added (show all resources, show all names, both, neither), then at least the users can work with the game in whichever mode is needed at the time.

Summary of needed options for map display (one button option cycling or have a multi checklist box):

Desktop:
      -Show Resources
      -Show Province Names
      -Show Both
      -Don't Show Resources and Province Names

Mobile:
      -Show Urban Resources
      -Show Urban Province Names
      -Show Urban Resources and Urban Province Names
      -Show All Resources
      -Show All Province Names
      -Show All Resources and All Province Names
      -Don't Show Resources Nor Province Names

~O~

AN IDEA I JUST HAD ABOUT RESOURCE DISPLAYS:

As an additional benefit for High Command membership, how about adding (at least for desktop version) the ability to show only certain resources by type or by diplomatic relationship (with the current owner)? This way, if you are needing to find only Metal provinces, you could display only Metal resources so as to visually gauge which way you want to attack.

The easiest way to implement this for the user would be a multi checklist box:
      -All Resources
      -Food
      -Goods
      -Metal
      -Oil
      -Rare Materials

~O~

ANOTHER GREAT IDEA I JUST HAD:

I'm not sure if this should be an addition only for High Command members or for everybody. But just as morale can be visualized on the map by the Red to Green colorization, perhaps a similar visualization can be made to indicate productivity of targeted resources (from the prior list above). This way you can quickly assess where in your empire (or your enemies) which provinces are producing and how well. Of course, core provinces would be much higher than the rest of your empire, so the colors would have to be adjusted to allow for core/non-core differences.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 3 times, last by Diabolical ().