Moving from shared map to peace

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moving from shared map to peace

Hi all,

Question on when someone offers shared map. If I accept then our status toward each other is both moved to Share Map. If I then move my status with them to "peace" does their status stay on "Share Map? If so, does this mean I can see their map but they can't see my map?

Would like to think I can accept share map and then move back to peace to get intel about them but not share mine (assuming they aren't online when I accept shared map and then move status back to peace). Seems like this shouldn't be allowed but if it doesn't work, then can you ever stop sharing a map with someone without declaring war?

Anyone play around with this?
    • swlyon3 wrote:

Question on when someone offers shared map. If I accept then our status toward each other is both moved to Share Map. If I then move my status with them to "peace" does their status stay on "Share Map? If so, does this mean I can see their map but they can't see my map?
      Yes.

If, however, a share-map ally changes his diplomatic status to "peace" . . . well, let's just say if I obliterate his army shortly thereafter, that's on him, not me. There's only one reason to switch your status with an ally to "peace," and it's usually a harbinger of impending betrayal.