Some Ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Hello There!
      Hope everyone got the reference, but let's get on to my possible ideas.

A Gold Confirmation Button
      I know people have stated this before and Bytro has said no. But I'm gonna suggest it again, because the only reason Bytro isn't adding it is because they want you to use Gold so you'll have to purchase more, accident or not.

Mines
      For both Land and Sea, mines should be created. Naval Mines would be another counter for U-Boats/Subs. You lay them down and the size would be about the radius of patrolling aircraft. Land mines would be placed on a road and would do damage to any passing enemy unit. To research them you would need artillery 2. For Naval ones you would need naval bombers level 2, artillery level 2 and destroyer level 1. To create and place land mines you would need an industrial complex level two and barracks level. They would take 5 hours to build and one hour to place, not including travel time. Naval: Naval base level 1, industrial complex level two and infrastructure level one. There would be mine detector troops to remove mines. Mines would cost about, eh, 1,000 metal, and 500 manpower. Maybe 250 rare materials. Naval mines could be taken out by naval bombers, which would spot and destroy the mines with bombs.

Transport Planes
      The would not be paratroopers in anyway. They would be plans with short ranges and limited durability, that can pick up troops and transport them. They can only land at airbases in friendly territory. They would take long to fuel, take 15 minutes to load and unload, slower than normal aircraft, be very open to AA and Interceptors and would have small range. They would still be considerably faster than walking, yet very expensive and hard to use in some cases.
      Research Requirements: Interceptor Level 3, Convoy Level 2, Infantry level 2. They would be available on day 18.
      Building Requirements: Air base level 2, Industrial Complex Level 2 and Infrastructure Level 1.
      Capacity: Two troops
      They need to be pretty bad so they are not overused. They can only be used on certain, larger maps, such as World at War and Historic World War and maybe Europe: Clash of Nations.

New Maps
      Well, we all would love some fancy new maps, and I had a hard time thinking of some, but maybe an Africa and France Map. Africa was very divided during WW2 with Italian, British, French and other provinces, including a few independent countries. It would be a cool map, a bit like the American one, but with Africa. Now to the French One. One time I wanted to play a game with one of my friends, but we were both tired of English Channel. So I say we make another two player map, but with France. Of course this wouldn't be 100% percent historical, but still close. There could be Occupied Territory and Vichy France. It would be a fun, more land based two player map and would add variety.

Field Hospitals
      Hospitals only build in non-core provinces that border a country you are at war with. They are cheap, quick ways of speeding up the healing of troops, but there's a catch. I said earlier that they can only be on the border of countries you are at war with, well let me explain it: If I'm Russia and I'm at war with Finland, and take one of their provinces, I can build a field hospital there. But if I take a new province and set a new border with Finland, my old field hospital will disappear. It will not transfer anywhere, it will just be gone. That way I won't be able to easily heal troops.

That's all my ideas, I hope you like them! Give me your feedback. :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by T-3PO ().

• T-3PO wrote:

Mines
      For both Land and Sea, mines should be created. Naval Mines would be another counter for U-Boats/Subs. You lay them down and the size would be about the radius of patrolling aircraft. Land mines would be placed on a road and would do damage to any passing enemy unit. To research them you would need artillery 2. For Naval ones you would need naval bombers level 2, artillery level 2 and destroyer level 1. To create and place land mines you would need an industrial complex level two and barracks level. They would take 5 hours to build and one hour to place, not including travel time. Naval: Naval base level 1, industrial complex level two and infrastructure level one.

New Maps
      Well, we all would love some fancy new maps, and I had a hard time thinking of some, but maybe an Africa and France Map. Africa was very divided during WW2 with Italian, British, French and other provinces, including a few independent countries. It would be a cool map, a bit like the American one, but with Africa. Now to the French One. One time I wanted to play a game with one of my friends, but we were both tired of English Channel. So I say we make another two player map, but with France. Of course this wouldn't be 100% percent historical, but still close. There could be Occupied Territory and Vichy France. It would be a fun, more land based two player map and would add variety.
      I like these two suggestions. I especially like the idea of a map centred exclusively on the african front!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marat666 ().

• Marat666 wrote:

T-3PO wrote:

Mines
      For both Land and Sea, mines should be created. Naval Mines would be another counter for U-Boats/Subs. You lay them down and the size would be about the radius of patrolling aircraft. Land mines would be placed on a road and would do damage to any passing enemy unit. To research them you would need artillery 2. For Naval ones you would need naval bombers level 2, artillery level 2 and destroyer level 1. To create and place land mines you would need an industrial complex level two and barracks level. They would take 5 hours to build and one hour to place, not including travel time. Naval: Naval base level 1, industrial complex level two and infrastructure level one.

New Maps
      I like these two suggestion. I especially like the idea of a map centred exclusively on the african front!
      Thanks
    • T-3PO wrote:

Naval Mines would be another counter for U-Boats/Subs. You lay them down and the size would be about the radius of patrolling aircraft.
      I could see this working but I think it would be easier to use mine laying ships. They could be like a patrol craft and would lay down the naval mines. This would allow you to place mines in a straight line. You would have to protect you mine layers with destroyers. Also, how much would each mine cost? Would you pay for like a box of them or would you pay one at a time? I have to agree with Frenchhades13, we would need a counter unit for the mines.
    • I agree, mines could become OP if there is no counter unit, so maybe Mine Detectors or Military Engineers. You would pay for a box. Ships could work, and I was thinking about that, because it's realistic, yet that would be another naval ships. Mines would cost about, eh, 1,000 metal, and 500 manpower. Maybe 250 rare materials.
    • general12312 wrote:

A North African campain map would be cool but I would like to see a Operation Barbarossa Map. Much larger scale battles are possible then.
      I understand what you're saying but try to imagine an african map covering the whole continent. Yes, the main battles were in North Africa, especially in Lybia and Egypt, but for example there was the Ethiopian front too. It'd be cool if you could use all the territories of the colonial powers of that time, from Tunisia to South Africa!
    • T-3PO wrote:

I agree, mines could become OP if there is no counter unit, so maybe Mine Detectors or Military Engineers. You would pay for a box. Ships could work, and I was thinking about that, because it's realistic, yet that would be another naval ships. Mines would cost about, eh, 1,000 metal, and 500 manpower. Maybe 250 rare materials.
      They could just add in mine detection/removability into the "skills" of ships like how destroyer can take care of subs the best they could make them also the best to "remove" mines, or maybe the naval plane
    • There should be a new land-based unit that can counter naval units. Because, if you think about it any naval fleet coming up against a stack of artillery or railguns won't take very much damage, which is kind of OP.
      That's why a new unit called 'coastal artillery' should be implemented. Remaining true to WW2, these defences would be slow moving, meaning they should be placed on coastal provinces to defend only. They would be in the secret research tree, and could be researched at day 4 at around the same cost and time of the classic railgun. They also move at the same speed on all terrains, and would require level 2 infrastructure to be built. Stats are as follows:

LVL 1: (20HP, 5km/h, 60km range)
      Unit|Att. vs Def.Att.Def.
      Infantry1.00.5
      Armour1.00.5
      Planes-0.7
      Ships8-
      Submarines1-
      Buildings3-

LVL 2: (20HP, 6km/h, 60km range)
      Infantry1.50.7
      Armour1.50.7
      Planes-1
      Ships11-
      Submarines2-
      Buildings4-

LVL 3: (20HP, 8km/h, 70km range)
      Infantry2.51.5
      Armour2.51.5
      Planes-1.6
      Ships14-
      Submarines3-
      Buildings6-

LVL 4 ELITE: (20HP, 9km/h, 80km range)
      Infantry43
      Armour43
      Planes-2
      Ships15-
      Submarines4-
      Buildings7-

(YES I UNDERSTAND THIS WOULD BE IMPLEMENTED INTO 1.5 HOWEVER I COULD NOT BE BOTHERED TO ADD THE STATS THERE BECASUE IT WOULD TAKE ME A LOT MORE TO DO!)
      - Cardinal S