Game 2248570

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game 2248570

Just want to let whoever the powers be that there seems to be a major glitch in this game. Specifically, I have had to use multiple nuclear rockets just to destroy units in the same province/city. Are armor and infantry units now immune to nuclear attacks?

I am finding it is taking 3 to 4 nuclear attacks before I can fully destroy a massed unit. And the previous attacks do not even effect the percentage of the units. How convenient. In this realm, units are immune to nuclear weapons and the subsequent radiation that would be associated with such an attack. Too bad the same isn't true in the real world, then nuclear weapons would be utterly useless. LOL

Obviously, this is a great way to get me to use gold and to buy more! Great marketing scheme.

Also, I love how units for the AI can magically appear out of nowhere and even after I have destroyed enemy units. Yeah, I know all about the low morale/rebellion scam. Funny how I do not see it happening to other players as often. I have had this issue from the day I first stumbled upon what is otherwise a great game.

What this has accomplished is for me to end this round and to not come back after my other rounds are done.

I guess the game/AI hates to see a player be successful and win. But you have no problems with me buying that gold now, do you? X(
    :tumbleweed:
  • Also, in game 2279674 enemy units suddenly are appearing out of nowhere and I have revealed armies on that enemy to keep track of them. They also suddenly disappear so I cannot attack them. Totally destroyed air bases seem to work for the enemy, on mine, totally functional air bases make my air units show "Needs airfield to start" when I try to move them into action.

Either you have a major issue with the game.

Or your game is rigged to go against those of us who spend real money on GOLD and try to win.

Or as it is known in the real world: C H E A T I N G

You know, something your game admins seem to dislike from players.

Either way, it's making me wish I had never found what is otherwise, and yes I keep saying it, a great game. And it's guaranteeing me to not continue to play.
  • I have seen atomic rockets kill as few as 8 units, and as many as 24 units. It depends on the X factor of that battle.

Here is a thread from another poster about the same variability:
    forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=148916#post148916

mardetco wrote:

enemy units suddenly are appearing out of nowhere and I have revealed armies on that enemy to keep track of them.

mardetco wrote:

Totally destroyed air bases seem to work for the enemy, on mine, totally functional air bases make my air units show "Needs airfield to start" when I try to move them into action.

Both these actions tell me that your opponent is spending gold in dramatic fashion. Units can be created and buildings sabotaged with just a click. Particularly when one side displays obvious use of gold the opponent will try and outspend them. Purely the "keeping up with the Joneses" kind of social behavior.

Some players have long suspected that the AI has a gold budget as well. We have never been able to get that confirmed by the people that know.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • :huh: Sounds also like mardetco is sometimes a victim of his own espionage and attacks old spy snapshots (man with hat = spy symbol) but not clears up after attacking them.. ;)

You don't see such units / armies directly, just a "picture" of it at the time of espionage, made by spys or by planes which had patrolled the place, but the troops can long be somewhere else, and the symbol (the supposed army) disappears (or the composition changes) if you get closer, because you have a clear view then.. - ..and at the same an affected army can appear elsewhere "suddenly and surprisingly".. :00008185:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • VorlonFCW wrote:

I have seen atomic rockets kill as few as 8 units, and as many as 24 units. It depends on the X factor of that battle.

Here is a thread from another poster about the same variability:
    https://forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/22712-defending-coasts-with-ground-forces/&postID=148916#post148916

mardetco wrote:

enemy units suddenly are appearing out of nowhere and I have revealed armies on that enemy to keep track of them.

mardetco wrote:

Totally destroyed air bases seem to work for the enemy, on mine, totally functional air bases make my air units show "Needs airfield to start" when I try to move them into action.
    Both these actions tell me that your opponent is spending gold in dramatic fashion. Units can be created and buildings sabotaged with just a click. Particularly when one side displays obvious use of gold the opponent will try and outspend them. Purely the "keeping up with the Joneses" kind of social behavior.

Some players have long suspected that the AI has a gold budget as well. We have never been able to get that confirmed by the people that know.
    Oh I am certain the AI has a gold budget, an unlimited one. The fact nobody that knows will confirm it is confirmation. Glad to know in this game I am not the only person spending gold like it's a free commodity. lol I suspected my opponent is a gold user like myself. That does not bother me, I do it and if another player does, so be it. I also appreciate the heads up on the man with the hat, which I suspected but was not certain about. I may have gotten ahead of myself and used too many nukes when I should have waited for the game to catch up.