Pricing Differences

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pricing Differences

So why in the heck is gold priced differently on the mobile apps vs the browser? Seems odd that the highest tier you can buy on the mobile app contains 30% less gold than that of the purchase on the browser. This is a total rip off. I was really thinking of buying it until I decided to logon via the browser and check out the game on my desktop. I saw the price differential and was like wow....

I'll finish the games I am in now only because I have friends in them. I will alert them to the same issue and let them know that they need to file a complaint if they did buy some gold as they play on mobile as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• Dont complain over something like this it gets you nowhere you have to understand the admins cant control pricing it is how the company bytro labs does its business. If you didn't know they dont share the money with anyone on browser where if you download the game via the app store ect the store you downloaded it from gets a small portion of the money as well.

Dont break TOS
    • The bonus offers change by the hour usually. There is always the flat rate, but sometimes when you log on there are package deals for a bonus amount.

Just wait until you see a 1000% bonus on a day you don't have any funds or need for gold ;)

And as Gen Tarkovsky says, buying direct eliminates the middleman
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

And as Gen Tarkovsky says, buying direct eliminates the middleman
      I wasn't a 100% sure about the middle man but thank you for confirming it for me Vorlon. If anything its better to buy it directly from Bytro as you tend to receive way better deals. An as Vorlon says wait for the special deals ive seen 500% bonus more and 1000% bonus more so many times.
    • Point is there is a discrepancy between the mobile version and the desktop version in pricing, since its just gold for the game, what middle man could there possibly be? You are buying fake currency for a game.... It's not like it has any other monetary value. And the devs should make it clear that you can get more for your real cash by buying it via the desktop version than the mobile version.
    • So the reason why there are different prices depending on the platform is that of course the platform providers expect something in return for displaying the game on their platform. This is why certain adjustments are necessary, I hope this answers your question. It is of course up to you where you make your purchases.
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

So the reason why there are different prices depending on the platform is that of course the platform providers expect something in return for displaying the game on their platform. This is why certain adjustments are necessary, I hope this answers your question. It is of course up to you where you make your purchases.
      Bottom line: if you buy your "gold" on the Callofwar.com website, you will pay the Bytro Labs standard prices. If you play the game via Steam or another platform, the service providers are going to charge a fee on top of the prices offered by Bytro on its website.
    • Is this taken wrote:

Wow.... parts of my first post were removed by the moderator... I thought this forum was for criticism. Maybe the name of the forum needs to be changed to something a little softer.
      Freedom of speech does not apply here. This is a service and you agreed to its terms during registration. You are not forced to use the forums or chat if you don't agree.

There are rules for behavior in chat and the forums. Please read them in the "Official > Terms of Use" section of this forum.

If you have questions about the rules or how they pertain to you we can have a private conversation.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • So to put it a different way you have a certain "exchange" rate depending on where you buy it.

Where your site is a 100:100 as 29.99 buys 120000 gold.
      Android then must be around 63:100 as 29.99 buys 84000 gold.

I guess that makes sense but you gotta believe that when people find out they have been paying and only getting 2/3 of what they could have been getting they are probably going to be a little upset.

@VorlonFCW
      Your terms say nothing of what I posted (of which was removed) was improper for the forums other than you have the right to determine what is acceptable. That makes it impossible for anyone to know what is ok and not ok to post as its really gonna depend on how you're feeling that day.

I'll just goto twitter in the future.