Best place to build a capital in the 25-players map after a territorial expansion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best place to build a capital in the 25-players map after a territorial expansion

I'm currently playing the historical 25-players map with Japan. You can see my territory in the image below: it stretches from northern China to the Urals and now I'm occupying Germany.
      Right now my capital is located in Irkutsk, Siberia, but I see that the moral in my new german provinces is going down below the 33% (I'm at war with one nation). What is the best place to build a new capital in a situation like this?
      Images
      • rrr.JPG

34.4 kB, 600×405, viewed 79 times
    • I had a similar situation on the 50 Pacific map a few months back. I moved my capital as far forward as I dared to get the morale boost, and then moved back toward my core later as resource production started to diminish. It is a balancing act of morale improvement versus resource management.

You can also use fortresses to help on the morale side. There was a post a month or so ago where a player was trying periodic builds of level 5 fortresses to influence surrounding provinces. Not sure how that worked out, but it may be worth a try also.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Peter Mat wrote:

You can also use fortresses to help on the morale side. There was a post a month or so ago where a player was trying periodic builds of level 5 fortresses to influence surrounding provinces. Not sure how that worked out, but it may be worth a try also.
      I've done it, and it works up to a point. The maximum morale penalty for a province's distance from your capital is -39 points. That means a completed L5 fortress can reduce that net negative effect to -14. Of course, there are numerous other negative morale effects, too, including -5 for each country at which you are at war, -5 for each adjoining enemy province, a sliding scale for your own adjoining provinces that also have low morale, -30 for the lingering radiation of a nuclear attack, and -1 for the presence of each enemy unit in the province. Using fortifications to stabilize the morale of your far-flung provinces, especially those that are newly captured, when the collective effect of multiple wars, multiple enemy provinces adjoining yours and multiple adjoining captured provinces can quickly reduce your province's morale below 25% and foment a rebellion.
    • Kanaris wrote:

Is it worth putting Militia units to garrison these far flung provinces?
      Militia units suck. Your best cheap garrison unit to prevent rebellions in newly captured provinces is a higher level anti-aircraft unit (L3 or higher), which have 7+ strength points -- 7 strength points being the minimum required to prevent a rebellion. The conventional (i.e. non-SP) AA unit is inexpensive and quick to produce (6 hours in an L5 industrial complex), only requires 50 tons of daily food upkeep, and can be useful for a purpose (AA defense) other than garrisoning.