Supply Drop Info, Rocket Arrival Time, Chat Box

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Supply Drop Info, Rocket Arrival Time, Chat Box

*Edited with responses/resolutions*

Supply Drop Info

Often times when I receive a drop, there is no mention of what was received. Even on mobile, it just shows the supply drop icon, but not what was in it. This seems like a simple enough fix, and when supply drops can be what ignites wars, it makes no sense that I can't even see what was in it.

AdBlock extension for Chrome was blocking it as a pop up. Worked when the domain was whitelisted. No word on implementing supply drop history.

Rocket Arrival Time

I don't know if it was intentional to leave out estimated arrival time when selecting targets, but timing for rockets is exceptionally important given that they cannot be recalled. It seems that for consistency and planning, when hovering over provinces with the "attack" option selected, it should display estimated transit time.

"Displaying the arrival time of rockets if on our suggestions list and may be implemented in the future."

Chat Box

It would be great to be able to further expand the chat box on the desktop view. As it is, it's hard to have conversations, especially when many people are on, as it requires constant scrolling.

Chat box can be resized by dragging upper right corner.

The post was edited 4 times, last by valor39 ().

• valor39 wrote:

Often times when I receive a drop, there is no mention of what was received.
      There is supposed to be a pop-up regarding the contents of an air drop when you secure it, or the first time you log in after it was secured (if your units captured the province while you were off line).

valor39 wrote:

I don't know if it was intentional to leave out estimated arrival time when selecting targets, but timing for rockets is exceptionally important given that they cannot be recalled.
      Yup. This is really crucial when you're trying to attack refueling aircraft units while they are stuck on the ground and extremely vulnerable. I've gotten pretty good at estimating flight times for L4 rockets (and nukes) based on the target's distance from the launch point, but my guesstimates have a built-in error factor of 2 to 4 minutes. That makes it fairly challenging to drop rockets on an enemy L2 or L3 air base during a 5 to 7.5-minute refueling period.

It would be awesome if the developers would add an estimated flight time for rockets before they are launched.
    • For whatever reason, I haven't gotten that usual pop-up for the last 3 or 4 supply drops, which has led to this frustration. It seems like such a basic thing to just show me a history of what was actually received.

For the rockets, I agree. I'm winding down a 100 player match where it was literally decided by me timing rockets to take out an opponents' multiple 20-30 stacks of bombers (he was using lots of gold). It got to where to gauge, I put a notch on a paper for roughly 20 minutes flight time east-west, and another notch for 20 minutes north-south since the distorted map makes range an oval, and tried to work it out from there. It's like, instead of having to calculate something like this, why not just give the projected ETA when hovering over different targets like literally every other unit?
    • Same for me I cant see the contents of the supplybox if I capture it through mobile version only works when capturing through laptop web browser if I am logged in otherwise no information is available. Also I dont see the countdown timer for the supply box on mobile version.
    • Collecting Supply drops should trigger a popup telling you what was inside. if this is not triggered, please submit a bug report with a description what you did and on which device etc.

Displaying the arrival time of rockets if on our suggestions list and may be implemented in the future.

Chat can already be resized by clicking and dragging the upper right corner.
    • valor39 wrote:

It got to where to gauge, I put a notch on a paper for roughly 20 minutes flight time east-west, and another notch for 20 minutes north-south since the distorted map makes range an oval, and tried to work it out from there
      FYI, I use the same technique when rocket flight times are the key to catching the Bad Guys' air force on the ground.
    • freezy wrote:

Collecting Supply drops should trigger a popup telling you what was inside. if this is not triggered, please submit a bug report with a description what you did and on which device etc.

Displaying the arrival time of rockets if on our suggestions list and may be implemented in the future.

Chat can already be resized by clicking and dragging the upper right corner.
      Thank you for the update. I will submit a report, as while a few weeks ago I would reliably get that popup, that has recently not been the case. I figured it wouldn't be difficult to keep a history of that then, but if the popup always worked I suppose that wouldn't be as relevant.

I did not know that about the chat window, but that is fantastic, thank you.
    • Replying once more because I found the cause of the supply drop notification issue. It was due to AdBlock extension for Chrome blocking it as a pop up.

So, for the sake of making this clean and useful for future people,

Supply Drop Info
      Notifications don't show; AdBlock extension for Chrome blocking it as a pop up

Rocket Arrival Time
      "Displaying the arrival time of rockets if on our suggestions list and may be implemented in the future."

Chat Box
      "Chat can already be resized by clicking and dragging the upper right corner."
    • We made a test on our own and collected a supply crate with an adblock extension installed in Google Chrome. The reward popup was shown correctly.

Therefore I have to conclude that your issue might be triggered by something else, or you used some special adblock extension? In our test we used simply "AdBlock".

But besides that, it is of course always recommended to disable addblockers in Call of War ;)
      Images
      • adblock reward.PNG

259.33 kB, 563×502, viewed 61 times
    • Hi all,

Follow-up to this topic, I don't always get the Supply Drop pop-up, sometimes I do, but I'm having the same issues as I always have. If I collect a Supply Drop on my mobile, it just says I picked up one. I have no idea if it's supplies or a blueprint.

Now that we have an "Events" tab is there anyway to say exactly what supply drop you acquired? Also, is there anyway on mobile to tell you exactly what supply drop you got? I constantly have my mobile app open, I think this is the reason why I don't get pop-ups on my PC on at least half of my supply drops.

I asked this question in June, still no clarity, very frustrated, please help! Thanks.

-Dragomir
    • Dragomir wrote:

is there anyway on mobile to tell you exactly what supply drop you got?
      This is not implemented yet. Perhaps freezy will chime in with an indication of priority on this feature.

Dragomir wrote:

I constantly have my mobile app open, I think this is the reason why I don't get pop-ups on my PC on at least half of my supply drops.
      Yes that will do it. You get the event notification on your mobile app and that "counts" as having collected the supply drop, supressing the pop up notification on desktop. I believe that including the contents of the drop in the event notification is the direction that this feature is headed to make it more seamless across all platforms.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • valor39 wrote:

Rocket Arrival Time

I don't know if it was intentional to leave out estimated arrival time when selecting targets, but timing for rockets is exceptionally important given that they cannot be recalled. It seems that for consistency and planning, when hovering over provinces with the "attack" option selected, it should display estimated transit time.

I think this is a very bad idea. Rockets are very OP as they are. They do not need any help in becomming more OP. It is why I have suggested to split up the rocket as it is now, in another thread.

The rocket should only keep its damage against morale and buildings. Its destructive capabilities versus units as well as its building damage should be given to a new unit. Rocket artillery. Think Katyusha launcher trucks, Nebelwerfer half tracks and Catilope tanks for the different tech trees.

This should make CoW more of an strategic game then a tactical game. Or if you will, you can perform better with less active play. People having their army destroyed by rockets do not make them worse players. Just not active at the time of launch most of the time. This makes rockets a hated weapon. LOVE to use them! Hate to have troops killed by them.

Having to launch a rocket now to get the time right is actually one of the only things at the moment that make rockets somewhat balanced.