Reward?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Interesting view! Playing a war game without destroying opponents... I've learned again this day! Just for information purpose: what are you enjoying in a wargame, if not the war? Building naval base 3? Research for weapons, which will not be used? Destroying some AI? But I do not want anybody to hurt, I'm just wondering... I play this game to have challenge, to try to kick out my enemy using my skills, my fortune...
    • Everyone who is active at the end gets gold based on the victory points they have. That might be a couple single gold coins in some cases.

Placing first, second, etc gets a gold reward, or being a member of the winning coalition.

I did see one game where a coalition won, but the second place winner by points was not in the coalition. That player got their second place gold payout.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • szinisa wrote:

Interesting view! Playing a war game without destroying opponents... I've learned again this day! Just for information purpose: what are you enjoying in a wargame, if not the war? Building naval base 3? Research for weapons, which will not be used? Destroying some AI? But I do not want anybody to hurt, I'm just wondering... I play this game to have challenge, to try to kick out my enemy using my skills, my fortune...
      No problem. I'm darn near 60 yrs. old. I have already met the world; destroyed my opponents and made my way through life and have retired. They challenges for me in this game are building the largest army I can with the limited resources available. I will not back stab to win. If I say I will do something, I will do it (no reneging). I usually take the USA in most war games because I can sit and build up without fear of invasion. I build different types of armies to see how they hold up...and I don't use gold. Honestly, that really unbalances the playing field but I understand the need for revenue. Your 'skills' can be neutralized by quantity.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

I did see one game where a coalition won, but the second place winner by points was not in the coalition. That player got their second place gold payout.
      Heh. Not a very "thorough" coalition/alliance.

It was just the way it worked out on that map.

100 player world map, so five of us in the coalition owning all of Eurasia and Africa. One member of the coalition with quite a few more points just due to the way the rest of the map crumbled.

Of the enemy One solo player owned north and South America. On the day the game was won the lone enemy had just a few more points than the second place coalition member.

Had we been smart we might have kicked one member out of the coalition for a day or two in order to thoroughly decimate the lone enemy, and then reformed the coalition for the win.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • cerealnerd wrote:

I usually take the USA in most war games because I can sit and build up without fear of invasion.
      Heh, that is where I come in. Canada comes pre-stocked with units, in places that the US is vulnerable, especaly in the 25 p map

If you look at my stats, I have never won a game. I intentionally never place first in any match, that way I am underestimated and have a generally easier time defeating everyone else. When I place 2nd or 3rd, which is most of the time, I still get a decent payout.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower

The post was edited 1 time, last by NukeRaider33 ().

• cerealnerd wrote:

szinisa wrote:

Interesting view! Playing a war game without destroying opponents... I've learned again this day! Just for information purpose: what are you enjoying in a wargame, if not the war? Building naval base 3? Research for weapons, which will not be used? Destroying some AI? But I do not want anybody to hurt, I'm just wondering... I play this game to have challenge, to try to kick out my enemy using my skills, my fortune...
      No problem. I'm darn near 60 yrs. old. I have already met the world; destroyed my opponents and made my way through life and have retired. They challenges for me in this game are building the largest army I can with the limited resources available. I will not back stab to win. If I say I will do something, I will do it (no reneging). I usually take the USA in most war games because I can sit and build up without fear of invasion. I build different types of armies to see how they hold up...and I don't use gold. Honestly, that really unbalances the playing field but I understand the need for revenue. Your 'skills' can be neutralized by quantity.
      I want you in my HWW games to play as USA, we do alt history RP, where USA only attacks if he is attacked by Japan i will explain the rules more thourougly if you want to play with us.
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!