Towed Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

Not sure how complicated it would be to implement programming wise but in essence what I ask is straight forward.

It would be great if towed units could be moved under the infantry category when it comes to research and production. Just to be clear what I refer to as towed units are AA, AT, Arty. Please dont misunderstand me I am not asking that research requirments be changed just move them under the infantry tab.

They do not belong in the armour category, more so the armour tab is jam packed with enough units as it is the extra units, clutter the screen and makes it harder to find the unit you are looking for.

Best regards
    • Also while we are on the subject I can understand the speed penalty for towed units in mountainous terrain but why impose a strength penalty? If anything they should have a bonus due to the fact that once they are in position they can easily be camouflaged and used to lay ambushes in narrow areas where the enemy units can be funnelled practically single file. They are extremely hard for the enemy to dislodge via ground assault and even from the air.

Prime examples from WW2 that come to mind are Kasserine Pass and Monte Cassino
    • Kanaris wrote:

It would be great if towed units could be moved under the infantry category when it comes to research and production. Just to be clear what I refer to as towed units are AA, AT, Arty. Please dont misunderstand me I am not asking that research requirments be changed just move them under the infantry tab.

They do not belong in the armour category, more so the armour tab is jam packed with enough units as it is the extra units, clutter the screen and makes it harder to find the unit you are looking for.

freezy wrote:

That's exactly what is currently being implemented
      Thanks, @freezy. That's a good change; the mixing of infantry class units and armored class units under the "armor" research tab was always confusing, even if it did have a certain logic to it.
    • I have seen the changes in Frontline Pioneers @freezy is talking about. It looks good and makes sense. They did a good job on this. One thing to note is players will need to rethink their research order as some of the requisites have changed. Example AT now requires Infantry not Armored Car.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • I assume that when moving towed units to the infantry research tree, the achievements counting infantry and armour kills ("Tactician", "Ubersoldier", "Armored Fist" and "Desertfox") have not been forgotten :huh: .
      (?)
      Are the counters adapted to the change retroactively, i.e. for kills that happened before the change? Otherwise I would rather disapprove this - theoretically nice - change.
    • @Hans, I'm not completely sure, but I think these achievements always worked on the "target type" and not on the tab where they were produced; so it doesn't change anything. It will just be much simpler to differentiate between the types.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

I assume that when moving towed units to the infantry research tree, the achievements counting infantry and armour kills ("Tactician", "Ubersoldier", "Armored Fist" and "Desertfox") have not been forgotten :huh: .
      (?)
      Are the counters adapted to the change retroactively, i.e. for kills that happened before the change? Otherwise I would rather disapprove this - theoretically nice - change.
      All related achievements will be changed as well to reflect the actual category.