Noob question :) Strength boosts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Noob question :) Strength boosts?

I have seen some people mention that they don't like to use militia and I don't usually produce very many militia in my games however, I can't help but notice the strength boost in hill territories.

So the noob question is: Are the boosts simply a straight add or subtract to whatever the base stats of the applicable units are?

For example, the base stats of a Level 1 Militia are:
      Infantry Attack = 1.5
      Infantry Defense = 2.3

Armor Attack = 0.3
      Armor Defense = 0.5

Air Defense = 0.7

But in hill territories, if you add 75% to the base stats, the Level 1 Militia stats are:
      Infantry Attack = 2.625 (Level 1 Infantry is 2.0)
      Infantry Defense = 4.025 (Level 1 Infantry is 3.0)

Armor Attack = 0.525 (Admittedly Infantry are better against armored units)
      Armor Defense = 0.875

Air Defense = 1.225

I also noticed a thread in the forums regarding Commandos - so in mountains Commandos get a 100% strength boost bringing their Infantry Attack stat to 20.0, and Armor Attack stat to 10.0?

So yeah, the question is just if the strength boost is a straight add/subtract or is there some algorithm that takes the various strength boost percentages into consideration?

• Note that many players are reporting an under performance of commandos versus their stat's

BaBePaBe wrote:

regarding Commandos - so in mountains Commandos get a 100% strength boost bringing their Infantry Attack stat to 20.0, and Armor Attack stat to 10.0?
      So the verdict is still out on them. But as a general rule units should perform to their statistics and terrain bonuses +/- the randomness factor.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda