Used map settings - Map editor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Used map settings - Map editor

Should a map editor be a priority? 5

The result is only visible to the participants.

I apologize if I am bringing up a suggestion that has been made before instead of supporting said suggestion, but I am new to the forums and just thought I would propose used map settings matches. Give players a way to edit and change maps to fit their own desires and create new games out of this game. Worked pretty well for blizzard I would say.

Let's say a player wanted to make a zombies vs humans map, using this game engine. Allow them the ability to edit key factors of the game; such as names of units, names of provinces, perhaps even give them a sandbox to make their own maps. stats, description, picture, and overall game speed.

Make any used map game an unranked match. Since obviously the match itself has been edited from normal game parameters, keep it unranked so it doesn't effect the overall ranking system of the game itself. Perhaps add an unranked game stat system for those who wish to show off their skills in player made matches in the future.

All in all I think this is a solid idea that would draw more customers as well as increase the playing time of it's current customers with the efforts of the player base rather than the efforts of bytro which is consistently trying to expand and improve on it's products. It certainly couldn't be a bad thing. I feel it would be a wise investment of company resources at great future gains.