over simplified resources on the new map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• over simplified resources on the new map

Hi guys, I was wondering if you would consider mixing it up a bit with the resources. The recent update has made very nation exactly the same. I think it would make it more competitive if one nation had a double resource, but yours doesn't, so you would covet their double, and they would covet yours. I feel this would make it more interesting than a simple copy and paste of every other nation on the map.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately we got alot of feedback from other users that felt that many nations were at a disadvantage because of their starting resources. Since only core provinces produce at 100% that disadvantage would last the whole game long. Therefore we went with a more fair balancing approach.
  • I would suggest throwing some double resource provinces around in the minor AI provinces. That will give players an incentive early to get those before their neighbor does.

The oil seems to be overproducing at the moment, not that I mind :)
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • Either keep the 4 single goods or go to a double and two singles, but the current production rate is half what it should be: A core single goods province to me means 3,000 base and 6,000 fully upgraded. The current rates are 3,000 fully upgraded.

Currently on this map I see many cores with one double oil and a single also. While this will be fabulous in the late game when everyone has lots of oil thirsty units, it seems excessive to the traditional strategy. I believe one normal double oil province per core would be a good balance. Any country with just a single oil will struggle with naval warfare.

For Oil I expect a normal double to produce around 12,000 oil with a level 5 ic and a level 3 infrastructure, but these seem to produce more than that, so perhaps that is something to look at.

Both examples are my core provinces.

So my "wish list" for core resources for the game to develop at a good pace fairly balanced:
    Goods: One double and 2 single
    Steel: Three single
    Oil: One double
    Food: 4 single
    Rares: One single, and some available to capture in the minor AI nations.

And then you throw in one extra of something at random that gives you something to sell on the market. If everyone has the same thing there will be no trade, as everyone will want the same thing at the same time. So everyone will have at minimum the 12 provinces with resources in my wish list, and they get a 13th province, and it might be anything. If you really wanted to be clever the "random" province could actually be randomly assigned when a country is selected. An actual roll of the dice to see what your extra province would be ;)
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • I compared the resources to other maps, and on the 22p map most nations have 4-5 goods, 3-4 metal, 1-2 oil, 1-2 rare, 2-3 food. So we could remove 1 oil and add it to goods or rare imo.

I don't have your problem with the production rates btw, we also checked it in the mapmaker. Production is set to standard 3000. Also the province produces ~3000 as base in a 260 game that I created after the map update. So I just assume that these values are wrong because you are playing on an older map, and maybe that province was a rare province before, which had a lower base rate. Anyway, I think in new games it is fixed.