Provincial Morale & Income Increases

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Provincial Morale & Income Increases

To help confirm which of various conflicting advice is likely the more accurate, a brief (and cursory) observation was made to look for a pattern among changes in provincial 1) morale, 2) resource production, 3) income, and 4) manpower availability; only the relationship among these factors was considered.

Background: Clash of Nations (22 player) scenario; Russian Empire captures the following provinces from Caucasus on Day 22: Stalingrad, Dubovka, Kharkov, Sumy, Chernihiv, Koroston, Zhytomir, Uman.

Data was collected on Day 22 (day of capture) through Day 25 (two readings: 0600 & 1500 CEST) resulting in 5 sets of data for each of the 8 Provinces (40 total).

[Note: the increases between Day 25's 0600 & 1500 CEST were about the same as those from one day to the next and, therefore, included.]

Morale Increases:

All provinces started with 25% Morale and, through time (no GoldMarks), rose between 6%-11% per day. Of the 40 readings taken, the rise in Morale occurred at the following rates:
      3 @ 11%; 18 @ 10%; 1 @ 9%; 5 @ 8%; 3 @ 7%; 2 @ 6%

10% being the most often observed increase (Note: all provinces rose 10% on Day 23 & 25....the 2nd and 4th day after capture).

Resource Production Increases:

Too few of the captured provinces produce Food, Goods, etc. to draw any conclusions except to note the % increase in Morale *did not* produce a similar % increase in resource production.

Provincial Income:

In some cases, either the % increase *or* $ amount of increase in provincial income was very close to the % change in provincial morale; but this appears to be a coincidence as, in other cases, the rise in income did not appear to have any numerical association with the % increase in provincial morale.

For example, Koroston's income upon capture was $79. Morale increased from 25% to 36% (11%) while daily income rose from $79 to $90 (a 13.9% increase of $11). The following day, morale increased from 36% to 46% (10%) while income rose from $90 to $99 (a 10% increase of $9).

On the other hand, Sumy's income upon capture was $291. Morale increased from 25% to 33% (8%) while daily income rose from $291 to $322 (a 10.65% increase of $31). Koroston and Sumy demonstrate the extremes of correlation while the other provinces showed some, but not consistent, correlations between % morale and income increases.

Therefore, one might conclude there is no particular relationship between the two %'s aside from an eventual increase in both.

Provincial Manpower:

At no time did the manpower production of any of the provinces increase after they were captured. They remained as follows:

Stalingrad: +198; Dubovka: + 27; Kharkov: + 131; Sumy: + 55;

Chernihiv: + 42; Koroston: + 18; Zhytomir: + 37; Uman: + 15
    • not sure if you know about the "conqueror penalty" as i like to call it, its officially called the "non-core province penalty" its a penalty that decrease 75% of a province production if captured. this avoid someone snowballing (getting powerful gradually) its a system that prevent people too big and thus open a way to defeat bigger enemies.

yup not sure about this readings but, what i do know a province produce resource, when conquered they produce only 25% most province have there own rate of resource production, smaller province produce less resource to some province when not conquered this also apply when it was turned to non-core, resource scale with morale but by the penalty only at a fixed point when conquered.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day

The post was edited 1 time, last by V1nd1cat0r ().

• ah i see, i see the word "conquered" in the post so i immediately assume its about expanding. to put some more info on what i know about morale increase the capital distance, neighbors, and at war with should also be put to consideration.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

ah i see, i see the word "conquered" in the post so i immediately assume its about expanding. to put some more info on what i know about morale increase the capital distance, neighbors, and at war with should also be put to consideration.
      Why Morale is what it is isn't necessary (or relevant) for what I was considering.

Maybe, some day, someone will look exclusively at Provincial Morale and determine all that the player can do to mitigate those things that cause low Morale and what can be done (without Gold) to improve it more quickly.
    • Depending on the morale of your neighbors(provinces)

100 morale --> +2
      90-99 morale --> +1
      70-89 morale --> 0
      60-69 morale --> -1
      50-59 morale --> -2
      40-49 morale --> -3
      30-39 morale --> -4
      20-29 morale --> -5
      10-19 morale --> -6
      0-9 morale --> -7
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli