State Based Damage Efficiency?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• State Based Damage Efficiency?

Does anyone understand or have an idea as to what state based damage efficiency pertains to?
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • Aside what you mention Kalantigos, it seems relatively random at times, as the 'type of stack' seems to be a factor as well. I find it impossible to deduce what the 'ideal' stack is. Stacks of a single type of unit...8 or 9 seems the sweet spot? Multitype? No idea.

Is there any formula or something that could enlighten us more?
    • Each unit type has it's own "sweet spot?" It really depends what you're going for with the efficiency. 8-9 is normal, and gives around 90% for infantry, but for battleships it's around 5 units, and so on.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • In addition to what's been said, there seems to be an impact among combined arms stacks (of different unit types that support each other in combat) where one type of unit compliments another but they may have different ideal terrain and # of units/type criteria. What's best for one type isn't best for another but one might want to stack them vs. the combined arms stack of an enemy.
    • Kalantigos wrote:

Each unit type has it's own "sweet spot?" It really depends what you're going for with the efficiency. 8-9 is normal, and gives around 90% for infantry, but for battleships it's around 5 units, and so on.
      Thanks, Im a little better informed now. May I presume that a stack with multiple units will have an average based on the varying numbers of type units?

For example this stack (numbers are examples):

9 infantry: 90%
      12 tanks: 80%
      5 anti-tank: 95%

(90+80+95)/3= 88.3 efficiency

or:

(9*90)+(12*80)+(5*95)/26=86,3 efficiency

or something else?

Please tell me more:)
    • miech wrote:

Kalantigos wrote:

Each unit type has it's own "sweet spot?" It really depends what you're going for with the efficiency. 8-9 is normal, and gives around 90% for infantry, but for battleships it's around 5 units, and so on.
      Thanks, Im a little better informed now. May I presume that a stack with multiple units will have an average based on the varying numbers of type units?
      For example this stack (numbers are examples):

(90+80+95)/3= 88.3 efficiency

or:

(9*90)+(12*80)+(5*95)/26=86,3 efficiency

or something else?

Please tell me more:)
      I think that the units will just add up the damage and health that corresponds with their efficiency. This is to incentivize mixing units. There wouldn't be an overall efficiency percentage, just an overall efficiency that is calculated after the percent losses are calculated into attack and defense stats.
    • Neither, really. The strength for each is calculated separately for each units stack, then added to the army pool, so an average efficiency doesn't really occur for the stack, just a strength value.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Kalantigos wrote:

Neither, really. The strength for each is calculated separately for each units stack, then added to the army pool, so an average efficiency doesn't really occur for the stack, just a strength value.
      So do I understand correctly there is not a 'stack efficiency', but rather individual unit type efficiency - the mixing of units dont have meaning at the core of calculating?

What I mean with the above is, I interpret it that the only advantage a big stack has (aside from being big;) ), is that it only stays 'efficient' if you have multiple unit types in it that, ideally, are at 90%+ individually. Making it so that 10 inf+5 motor inf could be better then 17-20 inf?
    • munchmunch wrote:

FYI--it seems that ideal bomber stack is 4-5 units. I drop from 98% efficiency (pretty fresh unit, so damage isn't a problem), to 48% when I go from 5 units to 8 units.
      I was just going to say the same thing. Also, when one has a stack of 10+ TAC(tical bombers) it works better to split them into multiples of 5 and have them attack in sequence....as one stack it halfway there, send another. But, note, they do tend to combine during refueling and attack as one group...so watch that.

[Edit: Also, sending a couple INT(erceptors) with 5 TAC doesn't seem to hurt SBDE much].
    • In my experience it's also really important that you ratio at what you are attacking.

If you're attacking say 20 tanks and 10 mech it would be rather stupid to only hit with 5 tac bombers. One should instead hit with maybe 15 tacs and 5-10 fighters to spread the damage taken.

Also, I think SBDE may also have something to do with effieciency between friendly units (allies) attacking or defending the same spot.
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem

The post was edited 1 time, last by wildL SPQR ().