Retaining Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I agree with everything that you said. It's just that people are complaining that players aren't staying, but they offer very far-out there reasons and solutions. It's just really simple what needs to happen if we want players to stay around.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Darragh is right, but I would hate for this game to be fast paced, it is what attracts me, as well as *paying adults* who like to log in once or twice at work and in the evening. If the 24 hour time rate is changed, I think much of the paying user base will go in exchange for kids who won't be buying gold or HC.

On the other hand, these new players will bump the ad revenue, but I do not know which makes Bytro more money at them moment or if it is a good gamble for the company.
      I agree with this, but not completly since young kids will be more keen on pushing that gold button....we saw it with EA lootbox deal that makes up for almost 60-70% of theirs income....for Bytro even if those will join to try the game and pay to get stuff done quick and then drop it’s better becasue will get more money in the short term. Obviously will kill the community even further so it’s a tricky situation

If we want to try and keep more player perhaps doing the tutorial on the quick game? I saw the speed run even, so making them play on something like that could work better becasue it engages them quickly and if someone finds it good they will stay for match on normal speed
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Yeah definitely a speed round kind of deal should be set up for new players, and if they want then they can join a normal round. It will also help clear out server space due to rounds full of noobs ending quicker.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Call of War is a game that requires patience, so I am not sure of the value in going to great lengths to keep the impatient players around.

One possibility would be a smaller map for the tutorial. You wouldn't have to change the pace or the speed of anything if you made a map that was fewer kilometers from place to place.

Perhaps focus a map just on a few countries. France, Germany, Italy, Yugoslavia, Romania, Poland, Ukraine, UK. Make the countries half their dimensions for a fast experience.

Add in the suggestion to start with a few more units, and maybe a few more units researched and that will be a fast map

Screenshot_154.png
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Or maybe start with the english channel map (It's like the smallest), but make it with more players, so there's more fun to it, and at the same time, have a small space so it's more fast paced.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Well, no. What I mean is to make the map smaller so there's less space to move, and therefore, fast-paced.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

I think they can just increase the game speed, pretty sure that is what they do for the speed rounds.
      However, the speed rounds are for high levels, and in the beginning, you're forced to play a tutorial round with other noobs. Maybe make tutorial rounds faster?

• Little Racoon wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

I think they can just increase the game speed, pretty sure that is what they do for the speed rounds.
      However, the speed rounds are for high levels, and in the beginning, you're forced to play a tutorial round with other noobs. Maybe make tutorial rounds faster?
      That is exactly what I proposed in what you quoted lol.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

Mistakes are made :D