Is It worth it to research Nuclear Battleships/Carriers/Submarine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is It worth it to research Nuclear Battleships/Carriers/Submarine

I am playing Japan in a Historic WW2 Map and I was thinking about researching Nuclear Battleships/Carriers/Submarine and I was wondering if it was worth it?
      "A ship is always referred to as she because it costs so much to keep her in paint and powder." - Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mythical_Commander ().

• T-3PO wrote:

No carrier and no more then one nuclear battleship, as it really drains oil.
      Nuclear ships don't use oil, my friend. The nuclear submarines, aircraft carrier and battleship require rare materials daily upkeep of 175, 250 and 350 tons.

In answer to the original question, no, it is usually not worth investing the resources in nuclear-powered battleships in most games, and the 22-player European map in particular because the game usually doesn't last long enough to get any real benefit from building aircraft carriers or nuclear-powered ships of any kind. The 22-player map games are normally over and done sometime between Day 30 and Day 40.

On the big 50- and 100-player maps -- ones with lots of ocean and far-flung territories -- the nuclear-powered ships might be beneficial if the game is going to be a long one, and you have ample rare materials production. I always try to maintain at least 5,000 to 6,000 tons of rare materials production in excess of my research requirements and consumption for nuclear-powered naval units, so that I can maintain a rare materials reserve for the production of nuclear missiles as needed.