Gold Infraction 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold Infraction 2

New

Hello,

I dont know how much Diabolical used gold, but im against removing a player from a round in future cases, unless its really a big amount of gold, gold can be used by mistake esp. that we play on mobile as well not just pc, i did use gold by mistake before (previous pl rounds) and i directly reported it, it would be small amount with no impact on the game, but i hope punishment for such issues wont be removal from round.
    Im just asking to set punishment rules to players without banning or removing from round when small amount of gold are used by mistake.
    In the end we want to encourage players to join the PL and punishments like removing from a round will not benefit any1.
  • New

we do want to encourage players to join the PL

i dont want to get into a public debate about the reasons for the severity of the offense, though i have responded privately to your message to me

doc and i discussed this infraction and agreed to an increased enforcement
    we recoginze that gold use happens accidently (yes i have accidentaly violated this rule also)
    the penalty will not always be this severe, most often it will be a small fine, especially if the infraction is promptly self reported
  • New

grandpooba52 wrote:

the penalty will not always be this severe, most often it will be a small fine, especially if the infraction is promptly self reported
    Seems a bit arbitrary when you put it that way. I didn't actually make any big Gold purchases, just a small one. And it's irrelevant since I was eliminated anyway. But I can't really complain about the punishment of being removed since I'm guilty and, from the bottom of my heart, I'm happily willing to admit my infarction....I mean, infraction. (pun intended)

Um, just one note of a slight annoyance. Though it could be argued both pro and con as to the accumulated PL point deduction (-100), I wonder what that will mean for next month's match since I think that puts me at a negative value (like -80 or so). Starting a round in the hole means that I am quite literally in last place of every single other player in the PL. That does sound fishy, right? Though I have no confidence that I would win this season, anyway -- given my track record -- it still seems less than kosher to put me in the hole with virtually 6 feet of dirt over my head.

I guess, I just would want to know what the community thinks about this. If everyone else thinks that being in the hole is fair, then I will just accept that without another word. But then I would hope that everyone else is held to the same standard for accidental Gold usage. But the above quote doesn't quite lend credence to that hope....thus we are circling back to my reason for this post, in the first place.

Well??? Opinions?? Anybody?

"...beating them into submission until payday."

"...losing the battle of the paychecks on principle...always."
  • New

Diabolical wrote:

grandpooba52 wrote:

Well??? Opinions?? Anybody?
    My unexperienced and uninformed opinion is that this is a Bytro issue. Accidental gold use is SO easy, especially on the mobile client. The PL is so consuming that to have one wrong tap of your finger render a month, or in the case of assessing a -100 pt hit, even more, of your life wasted is extreme. Adding a confirmation, for when your fat finger hits the Moral button/box on the province rose wheel instead of the Production button right next to it, doesn't seem too hard. There are many forum threads regarding inadvertent gold use with reputable players advocating for some kind of confirmation. Alas, not to be addressed by Bytro.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guioco ().

• New

Guioco wrote:

Adding a confirmation, for when your fat finger hits the Moral button/box on the province rose wheel
    Can I get a like from everybody reading this that has fat fingers?

Actually, better than a like, I think a good accounting would be to make a simple forum poll.

That has been added HERE....along with an explanation of the problem in more detail.

"...beating them into submission until payday."

"...losing the battle of the paychecks on principle...always."