Achievement Reward System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BeerBelly wrote:

Sasri wrote:

The update is not fully done yet. When the problem still exists after the news today is posted please let us know.
    So my post has been ignored by mods/devs thus far. Are you really going to alienate so many veteran players by only giving rewards to new players that don't have the achievements that I already have completed? I'm amazed that nobody at Bytro wants to do the right/fair thing. Pissing off your loyal core of base players to attract some noobs that will quit after the shiny gold is spent seems pretty dumb.
    ... You know, people like you is why nice stuff like this gets delayed. They can't be everywhere at once and track every single thing, they are not a triple AAA developer, and it is no mean feat to keep track of all this stuff. Just saying. And also what Montana said.
  • BeerBelly wrote:

Sasri wrote:

The update is not fully done yet. When the problem still exists after the news today is posted please let us know.
    So my post has been ignored by mods/devs thus far. Are you really going to alienate so many veteran players by only giving rewards to new players that don't have the achievements that I already have completed? I'm amazed that nobody at Bytro wants to do the right/fair thing. Pissing off your loyal core of base players to attract some noobs that will quit after the shiny gold is spent seems pretty dumb.
    There are different views on this topic or how one could have handled releasing a feature like this, obviously resetting all achievements for everyone could have been one of them, but we decided to go against that. Many veteran players are proud that they have been able to achieve certain achievements and that would be evenly or maybe even more unfair to just reset those. Therefore we decided to go with a compromise with the first of April. Also making all rewards collectible was not really an option, since it would put too much Gold into the system. I won't even deny that there may be a small benefit for newer users, but in the end it will be the whole community that benefits from more users that stay in the game. Remember that everything receives something on top, nobody takes anything from you. I still hope you get to enjoy the new achievement reward system. :)
    Sarah / Sasri
    Ex-Community Manager
  • Sasri wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Sasri wrote:

There are different views on this topic or how one could have handled releasing a feature like this, obviously resetting all achievements for everyone could have been one of them, but we decided to go against that. Many veteran players are proud that they have been able to achieve certain achievements and that would be evenly or maybe even more unfair to just reset those. Therefore we decided to go with a compromise with the first of April. Also making all rewards collectible was not really an option, since it would put too much Gold into the system. I won't even deny that there may be a small LARGE benefit for newer users, but in the end it will be the whole community that benefits from more users that stay in the game. Remember that everything receives something on top, nobody takes anything from you (and we give a huge bonus to your opponents). I still hope you get to enjoy the new achievement reward system. :)
    I'm currently in a game with a new player that was offered a 1000% gold bonus for any purchase...1000% on top of the achievement bonuses he will get as a level 20ish player. Apparently you did not comprehend my post. I DID NOT ask for an achievement reset...that would be even more stupid than this pathetic new feature. I ask that Devs/Mods to start treating all players fairly...giving 100,000 gold (purchase & achievements) to new players for pennies gives them an unfair advantage. You are taking away the chance for a "fair fight".

Even with my skill level I can't nor can my coalition defend against 50 infantry, 50 tank, 50 bomber armies on day 8. How does giving certain/minority players obscene amounts of gold benefit the whole community? It is illogical thinking and random extreme events like this that makes buying gold at regular (fake/high) prices an extremely bad idea for veterans. At least PRETEND this game is not pay to win[/u]!
  • NovaTopaz wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Sasri wrote:

... You know, people like you is why nice stuff like this gets delayed. They can't be everywhere at once and track every single thing, they are not a triple AAA developer, and it is no mean feat to keep track of all this stuff. Just saying. And also what Montana said.
    This forum has very small amounts of activity...when a mod/dev responds to only positive criticism and ignores negative opinions then you know where the bias lies.
  • MontanaBB wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Are you really going to alienate so many veteran players by only giving rewards to new players that don't have the achievements that I already have completed? I'm amazed that nobody at Bytro wants to do the right/fair thing.
    @BeerBelly: Have you checked your achievements since the new release yesterday morning? I received ~17,000 gold units for old accomplishments. You may want to check before you post again . . . .
    Please know what you are talking about before you post. I am level 94 and have unlocked all bonus research units and mastered most achievements prior to April 1st without purposely trying for silly ones like building railroad arty guns.

And no, I have not received any achievement gold...because I've already spent time/energy reaching the important ones without making it my focus (just through regular play). Get a clue mate.
  • MontanaBB wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Get a clue mate.
    Dude, you may be level 94, but you whinge like a belly-aching rookie.
    Bugger off, mate.
    Typical of guys like you with limited intelligence. You lose the argument so start name calling to change the subject. You are level 68 and never joined the 100 player map, lol. Playing the 22 player map where 80% of players go inactive isn't a challenge. Learn to spell kid.