Achievement Reward System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Achievement Reward System

Dear generals,

with next week’s update we are happy to announce a new feature which will change the way you engage with Call of War: achievement rewards! As soon as the update is live you will be able to collect Gold rewards for completing any of the over 40 achievements you did not complete so far. We also rebalanced the existing achievements and lowered the requirements for certain levels (some of them have never been unlocked by any player). This also means that some players will automatically gain certain achievement levels with the update which they didn’t reach before. Rewards can not only be collected for achievement levels gained after the update, but also for any that have been completed since April 1.Additionally we added 2 new achievements. The Fly Swatter (kill 25/150/1000 units with anti-air) and Artillery Aficionado (kill 100/500/2500 units with artillery).

The full details on which achievements have been changed and how much gold you will be able to collect can be found in this Google Sheet

In addition, next week’s update will bring another change: Some of you may be familiar with the 'Earn Premium Currency’' tab in our shop and maybe have also used it. However, we often received complaints that those offers didn’t work as intended. Sadly, we also didn’t have control over the kind of offers that were displayed and were therefore limited in resolving offer-related problems. We discussed the option to remove the offers many times, but our investigation showed that there were still quite many successfully completed offers and gave several people the opportunity to receive some gold. Now the day has finally arrived to say goodbye to those gold offers. We are currently exploring better ways to allow players to earn free Gold in the future.

We hope you are as excited about the achievement feature as we are and won’t miss the Earn Gold offers too much while reaping those rewards.

Your Call of War team
    Sarah / Sasri
    Ex-Community Manager
  • Sasri wrote:

Additionally we added 2 new achievements. The Fly Swatter (kill 25/150/1000 units with anti-air) and Artillery Aficionado (kill 100/500/2500 units with artillery).
    Good for y'all. These are long overdue updates to the "achievements," especially the "Artillery Aficionado" award. Arty is one of the most overlooked units among rookie players of the game, but is one of the key standoff weapons among knowledgeable and experienced players. I have also witnessed what I perceive to be an uptick in its usage generally over the last two years.

Sasri wrote:

Some of you may be familiar with the 'Earn Premium Currency’' tab in our shop and maybe have also used it. However, we often received complaints that those offers didn’t work as intended. Sadly, we also didn’t have control over the kind of offers that were displayed and were therefore limited in resolving offer-related problems. We discussed the option to remove the offers many times, but our investigation showed that there were still quite many successfully completed offers and gave several people the opportunity to receive some gold. Now the day has finally arrived to say goodbye to those gold offers.
    That's unfortunate. I never exercised any of the purchase rewards (e.g., subscribe to Hulu and get 25,000 free gold units!), so I can't really speak to their validity. I did, however, complete 10 to 12 surveys over the past two years, which paid anywhere from 1,500 to 3,500 gold units when successfully completed, primarily through the Peanuts Labs offerings. Granted, mine is a limited experience with these gold-for-survey offers, but I never had a problem receiving gold payouts for completed surveys, usually within a few minutes, once or twice within 2 to 3 hours. What I did observe (as someone who is familiar with public opinion survey methodology) is that there was usually a battery of 5 to 10 qualifying questions before the actual survey started, and it was also pretty clear that the survey writers were often chasing a specific age, gender, income or family status demographic on behalf of their commercial clients, or were otherwise seeking someone who was a regular consumer/user of a particular type of product or service. More than once, I was kicked out of a survey after the qualifying questions, and I suspect that a fair amount of confusion resulted from folks who completed the qualifying questions, but did not start the actual survey because they did not fit the age or other demographics the survey writers were chasing. More often than not, the survey writers were not seeking a teenager or 20-something to complete the surveys, but a head of household with the authority to make purchasing decisions on behalf of a family.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.
  • Sasri wrote:

Dear generals,

Rewards can not only be collected for achievement levels gained after the update, but also for any that have been completed since April 1. Additionally we added 2 new achievements. The Fly Swatter (kill 25/150/1000 units with anti-air) and Artillery Aficionado (kill 100/500/2500 units with artillery).

e hope you are as excited about the achievement feature as we are and won’t miss the Earn Gold offers too much while reaping those rewards.

Your Call of War team
    So you plan to penalize your long-term supporters/players by ignoring the achievements we have gained thus far? This isn't fair to people that are level 50+. Solution = Make the rewards retroactive (to level 1) so that everyone is TREATED FAIRLY...I know this is a new concept for Bytro but it isn't difficult to comprehend.

Your events and new content should encourage EVERYONE to play...not just brand new players that will blow through the small amount of free gold and just quit later. The game needs more players to keep it running...this poor execution of a free gold giveaway doesn't encourage veteran (high level) players to keep joining matches.
  • BeerBelly wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Dear generals,

Rewards can not only be collected for achievement levels gained after the update, but also for any that have been completed since April 1. Additionally we added 2 new achievements. The Fly Swatter (kill 25/150/1000 units with anti-air) and Artillery Aficionado (kill 100/500/2500 units with artillery).

e hope you are as excited about the achievement feature as we are and won’t miss the Earn Gold offers too much while reaping those rewards.

Your Call of War team
    So you plan to penalize your long-term supporters/players by ignoring the achievements we have gained thus far? This isn't fair to people that are level 50+. Solution = Make the rewards retroactive (to level 1) so that everyone is TREATED FAIRLY...I know this is a new concept for Bytro but it isn't difficult to comprehend.
    Your events and new content should encourage EVERYONE to play...not just brand new players that will blow through the small amount of free gold and just quit later. The game needs more players to keep it running...this poor execution of a free gold giveaway doesn't encourage veteran (high level) players to keep joining matches.

I agree absolutely
  • Pstomar wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Dear generals,

Your Call of War team
    So you plan to penalize your long-term supporters/players by ignoring the achievements we have gained thus far? This isn't fair to people that are level 50+. Solution = Make the rewards retroactive (to level 1) so that everyone is TREATED FAIRLY...I know this is a new concept for Bytro but it isn't difficult to comprehend.Your events and new content should encourage EVERYONE to play...not just brand new players that will blow through the small amount of free gold and just quit later. The game needs more players to keep it running...this poor execution of a free gold giveaway doesn't encourage veteran (high level) players to keep joining matches.
    I agree absolutely
    definitely agree
  • akruska wrote:

Pstomar wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

So you plan to penalize your long-term supporters/players by ignoring the achievements we have gained thus far? This isn't fair to people that are level 50+. Solution = Make the rewards retroactive (to level 1) so that everyone is TREATED FAIRLY...I know this is a new concept for Bytro but it isn't difficult to comprehend.Your events and new content should encourage EVERYONE to play...not just brand new players that will blow through the small amount of free gold and just quit later. The game needs more players to keep it running...this poor execution of a free gold giveaway doesn't encourage veteran (high level) players to keep joining matches.
    I agree absolutely
    definitely agree
    Even me being a player who hasn't even played for a year yet agrees. I think the players who got the achievement before april 1 needs to get the gold rewards. I like how it gives us an incentive to gain those achievements, but I think the others needs to get their rewards as well, especially ones who sacrificed so many games for those achievements. Also, I think the gold rewards should be the harder to achieve (like defeat units with nukes), the more the reward.
    "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
  • Alphared wrote:

Looked at my achievements after getting a notice of completing one...

To my surprise, ALL my achievements are gone (!) ...

What is the plan, that we start over from scratch?!?!?
    When I check your profile I can see achievements, could you maybe show us a screenshot? We also changed the order of the achievement so they may have a different order than u are used to.
    Sarah / Sasri
    Ex-Community Manager
  • Sasri wrote:

Alphared wrote:

Looked at my achievements after getting a notice of completing one...

To my surprise, ALL my achievements are gone (!) ...

What is the plan, that we start over from scratch?!?!?
    When I check your profile I can see achievements, could you maybe show us a screenshot? We also changed the order of the achievement so they may have a different order than u are used to.
    I am having the same problem
  • Sasri wrote:

The update is not fully done yet. When the problem still exists after the news today is posted please let us know.
    So my post has been ignored by mods/devs thus far. Are you really going to alienate so many veteran players by only giving rewards to new players that don't have the achievements that I already have completed? I'm amazed that nobody at Bytro wants to do the right/fair thing. Pissing off your loyal core of base players to attract some noobs that will quit after the shiny gold is spent seems pretty dumb.
  • BeerBelly wrote:

Are you really going to alienate so many veteran players by only giving rewards to new players that don't have the achievements that I already have completed? I'm amazed that nobody at Bytro wants to do the right/fair thing.
    @BeerBelly: Have you checked your achievements since the new release yesterday morning? I received ~17,000 gold units for old accomplishments. You may want to check before you post again . . . .
  • Anyone need a hanky or a tissue to wipe the tears off their keyboards?
    "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
    General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run