best tactic for huge grp of bombers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Put your fighters on patrol over their target. Divide your fighters in Groups of 5 to maximize damage. Wait for them to hit their target with your fighters on patrol over the target, then after they have hit the target, attack them. You should always be able to catch them because your fighters are faster than the bombers.

This way you get to hit the bombers twice, once when they hit the target (because your fighters will be on patrol over the target when they hit it) and then again when you hit attack on them.

After that your fighters will return to base to refuel, but you should usually have time to return on patrol over the target before the bombers make a second attack because your fighters fly faster, so will make it back to base before them, refuel, and return in time for their next strike.
    • I like having mostly 5 and 5 stacks myself, Sometimes I stick an extra plane in each if I don't have exactly the right balance.

I also patrol all my groups in the same spot, so if someone tries a suicide direct attack on my patrol group he also incurs the wrath of the other groups.

Any way you slice it you are going to lose a bunch of planes of your own. I always start building as many new planes as I can before tackling a group like that ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<