Gold Confirmation Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• T-3PO wrote:

Well, I spent a lot of money on a touchscreen computer and yeah, I accidentally use Gold a lot.
      Now, see, if you didn't spend all that extra money on the touchscreen computer, then you could have avoided the accidental Gold usages. But then you'd also be able to afford more Gold! That's a double whammy in Gold savings!
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Once again, just a moment ago, I spent my hard earned gold accidentally due to a slow server connection. Yeah, I got two new spies. This frustrates me because my old spies aren't working for some reason, and I wasted 2,000 gold. That's quite annoying. @freezy Please add a gold confirmation button--because I, and lots of others, are frustrated by wasting gold. 2,000 is a lot of gold for me and the average player who doesn't win very often and aren't willing to buy more gold.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

T-3PO wrote:

2,000 is a lot of gold for me and the average player who doesn't win very often and aren't willing to buy more gold.
      Saying this gives the devs no incentive to change the game.
      I disagree. The opinion of the gaming community should matter to the devs. After all, who are they making these games for? If it's purely a self-indulgent thing, then it's a hobby, not a business. But Bytro operates as a business. And the gaming community is the customer. And the customer is always right!

And the customer wants a Gold confirmation button.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Sure, it doesn't give them an incentive, money-wise, but PR wise it does. Honestly, I could go out and write reviews over dramatizing the situation, which could discourage some players. I'm not going to, but I could--which means other could and will.

Also, it's discouraging. VERY discouraging when a company doesn't care what a majority of the customers want. A confirmation button is implemented fairly easily--much easier compared to other unnecessary updates to profiles recently.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

T-3PO wrote:

2,000 is a lot of gold for me and the average player who doesn't win very often and aren't willing to buy more gold.
      Saying this gives the devs no incentive to change the game.
      Come to think of it, it actually does. Why continue to annoy your player base for the occasional money you get from when someone buys gold to replenish some they accidentally lost. Sure, it RARELY gives them money, but the average player, like me, will not pay to replenish it. It's just bad publicity for a small bit of money
    • Diabolical wrote:

I disagree. The opinion of the gaming community should matter to the devs. After all, who are they making these games for? If it's purely a self-indulgent thing, then it's a hobby, not a business. But Bytro operates as a business. And the gaming community is the customer. And the customer is always right!

And the customer wants a Gold confirmation button.
      I don't buy gold, I'm not a customer. I'm just a free loader and it will not affect their income if I stop playing. So my opinion is most likely invalid in their eyes.

T-3PO wrote:

Come to think of it, it actually does. Why continue to annoy your player base for the occasional money you get from when someone buys gold to replenish some they accidentally lost. Sure, it RARELY gives them money, but the average player, like me, will not pay to replenish it. It's just bad publicity for a small bit of money
      If you look at the Steam reviews, most of them complain about how it is P2W, that mods banned them or that it is too slow. I have yet to see one where someone complains about spending gold by accident, as the people likely to leave a bad review has quit the game before it can happen.

This is the "most helpful" review on Steam. They do not mention accidentally spending gold, as they had many more issues before that.

Crusader01
      64 products in account
      10 reviews

Not Recommended
      354.0 hrs on record
      POSTED: 15 MAY
      In a nutshell: Do not waste your time here.

EDIT: https://gyazo.com/c84c1dc3e1be2e5c33b08d55870637b8

Horrifyingly pay to win.
      - Pay to speed up production.
      - Pay to speed up research.
      - Pay to restock your resources.
      - Pay to heal your troops.
      - Pay for auto-queue, rally points, and other "premium" features.

Horrifying community. If you want cancer, click on the global chat room.
      - The moderators are stuck-up snobs who do not value players, and aim to only "big themselves up", refer to the classic 12ie "Minecraft" moderators.
      - Cannot speak without treading on egg shells, or the moderators will ban you.
      - If someone else gets warned, and you unknowingly commit a "crime", they will ban you.
      - You cannot denounce the moderators in any way at all, even though it is perfectly fine for them to denounce you.
      - The moderators are stuck-up snobs... Worth mentioning twice, because they really are snobs.
      - The moderators are not at all helpful, and think they are a hundred times better than a "non staff" player.

Gameplay mechanics.
      - Takes real life days to complete actions. It is fine if you are casual, but can become brutul when people pay to win.
      - Heavily bugged.
      - The "units" (individual tanks, infantry etc.) are poorly skinned, meaning the British get Shermans and Corsairs, etc.
      - Poor graphics.
      - Hardly gets updated.

All in all, this game should not be classed a "strategy" game, rather a more suited tag: Pay to win.

Skip this game.

https://gyazo.com/b4ce682f55797be294ae4c110a7773af
      https://gyazo.com/6b9ef63291775d8ad57046955bfeeeed
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

I don't buy gold, I'm not a customer. I'm just a free loader and it will not affect their income if I stop playing. So my opinion is most likely invalid in their eyes.
      Actually, this is where you are wrong....indirectly. By being a freeloader, like you, I am one who makes this game more challenging and interesting for those who would pay for premium features. As a stiff competitor, I am probably responsible for others' Gold purchases by anywhere from $20 to $50 per week (average across all competitors I face, combined). So, in a way, I probably should be offered profit sharing....or at least a Gold stipend.

Now think about this. If Bytro were to secretly give out Gold budgets to some players, with the mandate that they spend the Gold in such a way as to bait other players who DO buy Gold, then it would be an interesting trade off. Of course, then I'd feel like a sell-out. But, hey, if it keeps my favorite game running, I'll do it.

So, if you were to stop playing (assuming you are a strong competitor), then some people might be less incentivised to buy Gold in your absence.

Quasi-duck wrote:

Horrifyingly pay to win.
      - Pay to speed up production.
      - Pay to speed up research.
      - Pay to restock your resources.
      - Pay to heal your troops.
      - Pay for auto-queue, rally points, and other "premium" features.

Horrifying community. If you want cancer, click on the global chat room.
      - The moderators are stuck-up snobs who do not value players, and aim to only "big themselves up", refer to the classic 12ie "Minecraft" moderators.
      - Cannot speak without treading on egg shells, or the moderators will ban you.
      - If someone else gets warned, and you unknowingly commit a "crime", they will ban you.
      - You cannot denounce the moderators in any way at all, even though it is perfectly fine for them to denounce you.
      - The moderators are stuck-up snobs... Worth mentioning twice, because they really are snobs.
      - The moderators are not at all helpful, and think they are a hundred times better than a "non staff" player.
      It's a funny thing, this....because, by posting it, I think you might be violating Bytro's TOS because the very words used here say bad things about the mods and the game's features, etc. Of course, by quoting you, I'm probably violating it too. Dang, how can one even address this when, in a way, that former user was not entirely wrong....not that I agree with him or her, but that I can definitely see how they'd come to their conclusions.

It couldn't hurt for Bytro to consider lightening up their TOS a bit. But, that said, I've found that the staff are, for the better part, not as stringent as that other user would have you believe that the TOS makes them be. However, one thing is for sure, not all staff members "enforce" their mandates with the same level of scrutiny or strictness. As for me, I find them to be pretty reasonable....usually. But then, I've had a few run-ins with a few members in the past. Of course, I can't discuss this, per TOS, nor would I want to, per tact.

Still, all in all, things usually worked out in the end, and my comments, were I to use Steam, would be generally positive. I have to admit, I'm a G-rated person who actually likes things a little more PG-ish, but I also kinda like the G-Rating aspect that the TOS pushes. Frankly, though, the staff are more human than the TOS would have you believe they are, and that's actually refreshing.

As for the P2W aspect, of course, any cynic might perceive this game that way. But more likely than not, that other user probably didn't stick around long enough to appreciate the nuances of this game nor learn enough to be able to become competitive without paying. And I know Bytro needs the money from that source. But I sure wish they'd embrace other methods of acquiring revenue as I suggest on occasion (e.g. and i.e., more HC features, in-game bling, real world bling, maybe content-based in-game ads (like tiny billboards in the map that push local products that "sponsor" that region in the real world (or whatever creative ideas))).

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Diabolical ().

• Honestly, I expected the mods to be snobs who only want to ban players and act like they were the best players because they had some job in the forum. Boy, was I disappointing--in a good way.

I feel like they're a little tough with many instant bans. They're really tough on minor cursing and small things can get you instant bans.
    • Diabolical wrote:

I think @VorlonFCW, for example, who has been posting in this thread quite a bit, has yet to vote

My choice was this:

VorlonFCW wrote:

So if this was done it would have to be a setting: gold use confirmation ON or OFF

Which was not an option I found in your poll, so this was my write in answer :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Diabolical wrote:

It's a funny thing, this....because, by posting it, I think you might be violating Bytro's TOS because the very words used here say bad things about the mods and the game's features, etc. Of course, by quoting you, I'm probably violating it too. Dang,
      Yes. :evil: For punishment you need to go forth and write some balanced reviews out there on the interweb. Reviews by people who actually play the game the way it is meant to be played, instead of the people that try it for five minutes and don't try to figure out how it actually works.

Make sure you post screenshots of your reviews here
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I went around to all the places you can review this game, INCLUDING the google play store and the App store, and NOBODY said anything about accidents. clearly this is not a problem that affects the bulk of players, and bytro ahs bigger fish to fry.
      Images
      • Screenshot (1).png

136.69 kB, 960×720, viewed 26 times
      • Screenshot (2).png

79.23 kB, 960×720, viewed 26 times
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

I think @VorlonFCW, for example, who has been posting in this thread quite a bit, has yet to vote
      My choice was this:

VorlonFCW wrote:

So if this was done it would have to be a setting: gold use confirmation ON or OFF
      Which was not an option I found in your poll, so this was my write in answer :D
      This would fall under the middle-of-the-road choice, that you neither support nor oppose the needed confirmation button (as proposed). Or, you could say it falls under the opposition since it's not something you support without the setting option.

Either way, short of having a straight-up "I don't know" or "None of the above", I don't know what else to say.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Yes. For punishment you need to go forth and write some balanced reviews out there on the interweb. Reviews by people who actually play the game the way it is meant to be played, instead of the people that try it for five minutes and don't try to figure out how it actually works.

Make sure you post screenshots of your reviews here
      Hm...well, if I used Steam I would for that version. And if I had a Google+ account, I would on Android Play Store.

Short of that, all I can do is post here, on the forums.

Much to the dismay of @Quasi-duck and @MartinB, I will continue to post here....a lot!

R.I.P. Snickers <3