I created a game with pw. 6 hours later it's not on the "new games" list

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm on an Historic World War map, and 3 of the original 23 people are active. A simple alternative, which Duck and I were discussing would be upping the minimum requirement to make games, therefor leaving less games and focusing members on a few open games, rather than a lot of games
    • I think we all agree that players disappearing the first day is a big problem; it's a little like the Klingon curse: "may you outlive all your enemies!".
      I like knowing there's a person on the other side of that border, and I love the diplomatic trash talk a lively game creates. None of that when all your neighbors are AIs.

there are some interesting ideas floating around this thread. Is anybody from the developers' side here to comment on anything the company might be doing to encourage players to stick with what they started?
    • I think those things would help (hence my original question that started this thread because I was using the workaround of password-protecting the round. Which was a total bust, btw-- nobody contacted me to join). How about also:
      Limiting the number of simultaneous games?
      Rank penalty for abandoning a game? Doesn't have to be much.
    • vanyel1963 wrote:

Perhaps a limit on the number of games a player can be in at once?
      This already exists. The hard limit is 50 running games that you can be a part of. This includes games that you have been eliminated from or archived but are still running. For the player that gets eliminated on day 2 of a game that lasts 100 days that game takes one slot out of that 50 game limit until someone wins it. If you lower that too much it will affect players that you don't intend to affect.

I don't believe that fiddling with the player rank required to create or join games by a few levels will make much difference. The early ranks come quite easily to active players, but less active players want to experience new maps without having to play for months. I think they are good where they are.

I also think that the new achievement rewards will give players an incentive to play games longer in order to build units that give them rewards.

If you want games with players that don't go inactive I would suggest the Players League Tournament.

PLayers League Rules<<

Players League June Signup<<
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • vanyel1963 wrote:

I'm on day 5 of a North American game and there are only 15 active players out of the original 50. That's absurd.
      Unfortunate roll of the dice there. Most of the 50P maps I have joined since the minimum rank requirement was instituted have had about 50% remain active.

"If you want games with players that don't go inactive I would suggest the Players League Tournament.""

The Players League offers just one game a month, with about 20 players, several of whom will go inactive, or get DQ for inadvertent gold spending. There are at least two 50P maps starting every day, and in most cases, more active players at day 30 than there are remaining in the PL games.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WayneBo ().

• WayneBo wrote:

Most of the 50P maps I have joined since the minimum rank requirement was instituted have had about 50% remain active.
      I will agree with that. There are bound to be some variation there.

I have noticed that some regular games get abandoned when Event games come out. Players might archive a regular game they have not put a lot of work into to play one of the limited time event games.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • T-3PO wrote:

In my opinion, the best way to fix this problem is the following.
      You can control what rank you have to be to join a game.
      They up the rank you need to create a game.

I can't think of anything else, any ideas?
      Well for yourself, I highly recommend joining an alliance if you are not in one, and if you are try to arrange a few alliance matches. Best thing about this is that inactives can be punished by getting kicked from the alliance.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: