Field Hospital

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Field Hospital

Mentioned many times before, I am sure it needs no introduction. I propose a building that you can build up to three levels, see table below.

LevelBuild TimeHealth Boost(% of max health)Build Cost
    112 hours5%2,000 Goods, 1,000 Grain, 5,000 Cash
    218 hours10%3,000 Goods, 2,000 Grain, 1,000 Metal, 10,000 Cash
    324 hours15%4,000 Goods, 3,500 Grain, 2,000 Metal, 500 RM, 20,000 Cash
    :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Absolutely not ! Too easy requirements !

1max healing speed with other boost buildings: 10 points
    probably: max current speed * 200%
    24h7.500 Goods, 10.000 Iron, 5.000 Rare Materials, 40.000 Money
    2max healing speed with other boost buildings: 15 points24h10.00 Goods, 10.000 Iron, 7.500 Rare Materials, 40.000 Money
    3max healing speed with other boost buildings: 20 points24h10.00 Goods, 10.000 Iron, 10.000 Rare Materials, 40.000 Money

It should be elite building. Requirements what You provided are too easy and characteristic for normal buildings.

The post was edited 2 times, last by darecki-master ().

• darecki-master wrote:

Absolutely not ! Too easy requirements !

1current treatment speed *150%24h7.500 Goods, 10.000 Iron, 5.000 Rare Materials, 40.000 Money
    2current treatment speed * 200%24h10.00 Goods, 10.000 Iron, 7.500 Rare Materials, 40.000 Money
    3current treatment speed * 250%24h10.00 Goods, 10.000 Iron, 10.000 Rare Materials, 40.000 Money

It should be elite building. Requirements what You provided are too easy and characteristic for normal buildings.
    Way too expensive and treatment is way too fast, you know units heal at 10% max health a day already right? Also the point was to have various levels, going from a field surgery to a proper medical unit up to a full hospital.

Also hospitals are not "elite buildings" they are a basic requirement for any battlefield.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Dissent is not allowed.
    ^^

Quasi-duck wrote:

The benefit of this is...? All you do is make life easier for your enemy.
    :D

Better strategy needs lesser regeneration...
    :thumbsup:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • I have lobbied for this in the past, but I have played, lost, and won more. I feel like an accelerating in healing would ruin some of the game mechanics. The only thing that need better healing skills, imo, are battleships. They are too expensive to easily replace for most players and heal too slowly for their needs.
  • The free heal rate for all units is far better then what your proposing.
    And i can still use wounded infantry ect,and damaged equiptment ect,Strategically rather then
    marching,driving.flying,sailing,them out of the battle zone for expensive bandaids in what is already
    micro - managed economy for an expanding nation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WarPtyLtd ().

• Well for me, this really hit me playing as the Soviet Union on the 1939 historical world map. I've taken most of the Balkans but most of my units are now half dead, causing needless casualties that I have to replace. I would much rather have invested in a field hospital in, say, Krakow or Budapest rather than build 15 more units and march them all from Moscow/Stalingrad/Leningrad down to Greece.

• While the field hospital is a nice idea, I don't think it is really needed for most purposes. However, how about instead of that, they make a field replenishment depot(considering that injured and dead are dealt with automatically and all that is really happening is your troops being replenished with more men, supplies, and equipment) that modifies the healing equation to round up instead of round down, in a radius around the province it is built(we'll say 200km radius for this example). This modification will also works for naval vessels and aircraft flying out of friendly airbases. However, they will be one of the most expensive buildings, at 2000 of almost every resources(minus rares and money), 250 manpower, and 20k money. And maybe even allow allied units to heal in your territory at 1/4 the regular speed(with a neutral healing modification: there is no rounding of any values, you get what you get). I think that might require a bit of modification to the healing system for this to work, though. But the same would happen for the field hospital, tho.

And maybe another level could be added that increases the modification range to 400km, a 1.25x healing speed increase to your own units, changing the allied healing speed to 1/2, but it will come at a hefty price: 3,500 rares, 7,500 of food, supplies, steel, and oil, 1000 manpower, and an additional 40k money. Just speculation as to what it could use. That kind of thing would be a nice addition, though. It would make you debate wether you prefer to keep your current army, or would you rather just put down more factories and build a new army from scratch before the old army is destroyed? And is healing your current units important to you at that moment?

The post was edited 1 time, last by NovaTopaz ().

• NovaTopaz wrote:

While the field hospital is a nice idea, I don't think it is really needed for most purposes. However, how about instead of that, they make a field replenishment depot.....
    I think this will get even less support than my idea.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

NovaTopaz wrote:

While the field hospital is a nice idea, I don't think it is really needed for most purposes. However, how about instead of that, they make a field replenishment depot.....
    I think this will get even less support than my idea.
    And yet I explained the rename... You don't make a hospital for an army. That is one of the reasons most of these threads never get far, is due to the naming convention of the heal increasing mechanic(at least for many of the ones I remember).

While it might not have as much support as your idea in the majority of players, the people on these forums would probably support it more. It does not try to directly increase the replenishment speed, but it would instead modify the rounding on healing, either eliminating the rounding or making the rounding more likely to go up rather than down. And it is more practical because it effects an area around the province center it is based in, not just one province, but it pays for that by being more expensive. It's essentially the same thing but changing how it is described and the core idea behind it. A replenishment depot(probably would be shortened to just depot in the game) is a central location where manpower, supplies, food, and all other materials essential for a war machine are routed through and distributed, and makes the resupply of depleted armies in the field more efficient. However, they cost a lot of resources to be set up properly.
  • NovaTopaz wrote:

And yet I explained the rename... You don't make a hospital for an army. That is one of the reasons most of these threads never get far, is due to the naming convention of the heal increasing mechanic(at least for many of the ones I remember).
    Why does the name even matter? That's like the least important part of the idea and the text isn't as long as my finger on the screen, which is 15". Did you miss the main idea?

• What I'm thinking is a field medic unit. They have 25 health but have very little fighting skill. They have 5 levels. Level 1 increases healing speed by 25%, then an increase of 25% per level increase.
    "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
  • Little Racoon wrote:

What I'm thinking is a field medic unit. They have 25 health but have very little fighting skill. They have 5 levels. Level 1 increases healing speed by 25%, then an increase of 25% per level increase.
    Medics would already be incorporated into units, this is why we don't have units like snipers, mortars, machine guns etc.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

What I'm thinking is a field medic unit. They have 25 health but have very little fighting skill. They have 5 levels. Level 1 increases healing speed by 25%, then an increase of 25% per level increase.
    Medics would already be incorporated into units, this is why we don't have units like snipers, mortars, machine guns etc.
    True, but I would prefer field medics to field hospitals...
  • T-3PO wrote:

True, but I would prefer field medics to field hospitals...
    Well that is just another unit to be researched, at this rate we will need a third slot which we all know will be HC. A building is better, as it does not make it OP since it can go anywhere and everywhere. The real treatment of soldiers goes on behind the lines, in the hospitals and recuperation areas.

• Best would be both ...

field medic +3% per day

field hospital level 1 +5% per day

field hospital level 2 +7% per day
    field hospital level 3 +150% +10% per day (but possibly more voluntary patients)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • Restrisiko wrote:

Best would be both ...

field medic +3% per day

field hospital level 1 +5% per day

field hospital level 2 +7% per day
    field hospital level 3 +150% +10% per day (but possibly more voluntary patients)

Sounds like the best of both worlds tbh, but if push comes to shove I think the hospital is better for the game.