Escrow Games: The solution to mass inactivity?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Escrow Games: The solution to mass inactivity?

I couldn't find this anywhere, so hopefully I'm coming up with something helpful.

One of the big problems I see, especially with the big games, is that so many people go inactive. Whether it's because they're bored or lazy or don't like their neighbors or position, whatever the reason, it general skews the game. Either people surrounded by inactives dominate over those with active neighbors, people drop out and screw their coalition or allies.

So, my suggestion is this.

Add a new game setting that asks for a GOLD ESCROW.
      To join the game, players must deposit some amount of gold.
      To get their GOLD ESCROW back, all they would have to do is remain active until their capital is sacked by someone else.
      After loss of the capital, they would still have the option to continue playing as usual -- it would only affect the Escrow.

I realize that this is not a complete solution, and I have no doubt people would figure out ways to game the system to quit early and still get your gold, but I believe and escrow like this would lead to a huge decrease in the number of people that bail on games.

Of course, there is a chance that someone goes inactive for reasons that are beyond their control, but I think setting the right amount for the GOLD ESCROW would minimize these occasions.

Thanks for reading.
    • While im absolutely sure the game designers and associated staff are looking at all the suggestions
      we the players make for the betterment of the game and for the gaming experience (impression) on players.
      I feel your suggestion an ESCROW payment (Bond) to play the game would have an adverse affect on growing
      the gaming population.

Where-as in contrast my suggestion would be a (Daily login bonus) a minimum amount useful in going forward
      in the players experience (impression) of the game.
      (Weekly login bonus) Perhaps a accrued (accumulated) points reward for 3months login,Then you have
      enough to redeem for 1 month of High Command.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WarPtyLtd ().

• I like that idea. Maybe it could be like 200 gold per login day, and 1 month of login could be exchanged for 1 week high command.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • However, it may prompt people to just login and then quit, which basically makes it kinda worse.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • WarPtyLtd wrote:

Mohenjo wrote:

Hmm. I don't see it. Can you explain your logic?
      Yes of course its quite simple really.Many of todays most popular free to play browser games offer a daily login reward of some kind
      No, you said the escrow idea would lead to declining players. I'm not talking about your idea here... I presume you have another thread for that. Why do you think having an escrow option would negatively affect the player base? More competitive games with active players would be a draw, in my mind.
    • Mohenjo wrote:

WarPtyLtd wrote:

Mohenjo wrote:

Hmm. I don't see it. Can you explain your logic?
      Yes of course its quite simple really.Many of todays most popular free to play browser games offer a daily login reward of some kind
      No, you said the escrow idea would lead to declining players. I'm not talking about your idea here... I presume you have another thread for that. Why do you think having an escrow option would negatively affect the player base? More competitive games with active players would be a draw, in my mind.
      You asked me to explain the logic of my suggestion ( And i did that ) Which is actual fact many of the most popular
      browser games with or without download required, Offer ( Provide ) a daily login bonus that is in-part maintaining
      and in conjunction growing the player base ratio regarding quantitative relation.
    • Game designers have found in the past that positive, rather negative, incentives are better received by communities. I cannot remember exact occurrences off the top of my head, but just look at many games out there. How many punish lack of activity vs rewarding activity?
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton