Call of War Guide{WIP} Questionnaire 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War Guide{WIP} Questionnaire 2

What is the best unit(s) to bombard enemy fortifications? 23

The result is only visible to the participants.

We have come to the tactics/blunders sections of our guide, and I must ask this question: What is the communities favourite way to bombard enemy positions. I will not include nukes because I already know they will be on the top of the list. This scenario is bombarding land units. I will make one for naval units later.

EDIT: if anyone wants to share a tactic of theirs, feel free to reply below
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower

The post was edited 1 time, last by NukeRaider33 ().

• No problem otherwise most of them would've been picked. Idk why people picked strats, I mean they have good range but they are weak af and damage IC and other buildings, meaning your frontline factories are destroyed before you even get them.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

No problem otherwise most of them would've been picked. Idk why people picked strats, I mean they have good range but they are weak af and damage IC and other buildings, meaning your frontline factories are destroyed before you even get them.

I personally don't find them worth the time, but there is an intimidation factor to it. I suppose that is the reason why, bu we may never know.
      Jack London, White Fang

• In case of range Rocket lvl2 and strat bomber lvl3 (after day 16) has very similiar range.

However rocket can be used only once, but strat bombers for more. So if you have the clear air superiority, than strat bombers make in 6 hours (6*8=48) the same damage as a rocket do (50). Using rockets it means that I use one city with IC only for one shot rocket producing. So in case my bottleneck ressource is the nr. of cities producing units, than strat bombers have superiority for sure!

Of course it can be the case, the rockets are more relevant to destroy fortresses. for example in case of heavy airdefence in/above fortress. But how do you deliver those rockets to reach the fortress? It could be a LONG and DANGEROUS trip.

Again battleships can be the most usefull assets to ruin fortresses, if you have naval advantage AND the city is on the costal area.

Further in some cases artillery are the best. Imagine, that on day 16 you reach lvl artilerry with 70 km range, but your enemy is not. You have nice amount of artillery from prior days - you do not have to build new units for this definite task (destroy a fortress). You can ruin the fortress with very low damage received.

So to sum it up: there is NO good answer to this question, all the time you should evaluate the situation and use the best solution!
    • I really like rockets to open a war and do some damage to enemy units and forts before anything else. Level 3 and level 4 rockets are preferred to level 2. I might build a few level 1 rockets but I don't use them until I upgrade to level 2.

After hitting the forts with rockets I prefer artillery, either regular or Self Propelled, or both to hammer at units in the forts. If they have a significant number of artillery in the fort I make sure that I have 4 or more times as much artillery as they do, and a few extra rockets on hand to thin their numbers down a bit.

With forts populated with units that are owned by AI instead of a player it is important to keep in mind that once you bombard the fort once the AI will send out some units to directly attack your artillery. It is wise to keep some additional artillery or tactical bombers handy to tackle those units before they are able to engage your artillery.

You can also tease apart large AI stacks with a few railroad guns that way. One volley from the railroad gun and the AI will dispatch a few units from the megastack to attack with. Some overlapping artillery fire and air support to take care of those units and you can repeat the procedure.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • You survey reads bombarding "fortifications" but your text said bombarding "land units." I believe these are different. If you want to bombard the fortifications themselves, as opposed to land units, I would guess strategic bombers would work best. But, I'm not 100%.
    • dirge wrote:

You survey reads bombarding "fortifications" but your text said bombarding "land units." I believe these are different. If you want to bombard the fortifications themselves, as opposed to land units, I would guess strategic bombers would work best. But, I'm not 100%.

I see. Sorry about that, I ment land units. I was pressed for time, so I may have made some mistakes. If you see any more, please feel free to correct me.
      Jack London, White Fang