AI attacking me? Again

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI attacking me? Again

In this historic WW map, America, my ally, went inactive. Then a few days later, war was declared, but he was still marked inactive. America, controlled by AI attacked me. I'm mad because this has thrown a complete wrench in my plans. I had almost no troops in SA, but now he attacked me there.
    • T-3PO wrote:

In this historic WW map, America, my ally, went inactive. Then a few days later, war was declared, but he was still marked inactive. America, controlled by AI attacked me. I'm mad because this has thrown a complete wrench in my plans. I had almost no troops in SA, but now he attacked me there.
      Had this happen on the 100 player map. Was America employing the use of aircraft before he went inactive? Aircraft controlled by the AI have a tendency to cause war unintentionally, from what little experience I have with that issue.
    • You probably got snooked by a very clever player. This has happened to me before.

I was bombarding an enemy unit with artillery (or a warship, don't remember which) so the enemy unit moved into the territory of a neighbouring inactive. The next time my gun fired, it hit the unit but triggered a war against the inactive, and I had a whole bunch of additional units to deal with in addition to fighting the player I was already at war with.
    • T-3PO wrote:

So you're saying he set a delay, then went inactive to troll. I wasn't snooked by a player, because there are only three people in the game, two of which are my allies, and the other is myself.
      Ah in that case my theory is wrong. Think the only time this will happen is when someone you are at war with deliberately moves into an inactive country to trigger a war between you and the inactive country, if the other two players in the game are your allies they can't do that so something else must have gone wrong.
    • MartinB wrote:

Once he does inactive you no longer have Share Map, this will change to Right of Way. I think if you fire on an enemy unit on a RoW country it will trigger a war, but maybe one of the game devs can confirm this for us?

This definitely happens with rockets, even with share map. Other combat on ROW land is not supposed to trigger a war with the ROW country, although i suppose accidents could happen.

I have accidentally declared war on active players and AI without meaning to on several occasions simply with clumsy fingers.

There has been some work fixing bugs on the regular AI so it does less stupid stuff, but that should not have changed it's desire to declare war.

I have always said that USUALLY an AI will not declare war, but it has always been possible to my knowledge.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<