Remove The Province Trade Limit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

>farming other players for resources.

You're just a bully.
      Not really...I'm actually pretty nice. Sometimes, it's a neighbor that I'm rescuing. Sometimes it's an opponent that I'm sparing from total defeat. But, if they are interested in staying in, I sometimes give them this option.

I'm doing that right now in one of my matches. The other player is actually doing fairly well. He was getting ganged up on by 5 or 6 other players but was repelling most of them relatively successfully (some were noobs). Weirdly enough several of them (including the first player) have been using a lot of Gold.

Anyway, I accepted a Share Map with him out of curiosity with how he was surviving....not promising to ally with him but going along with it and even sharing some resources. Then I eliminated one of his opponents, swooping down from the north, and then offered to make him a vassal, and he agreed. He offered me his non-core provinces on his west side, saying he didn't think he'd survive anyway without my help. Of course, I agreed.

I gave him a battle plan to use against his remaining enemies. After taking over the area he surrendered, I surrounded him on the north and west and he had a neutral player on his south. But he was taking a heck of a beating from the east, though. So I carved a barrier through his interior, taking a few worthless cores to protect him from one of his enemies coming through from the northeast with whom I had yet to go to war with and then fought another eastern enemy further to his south.

By the time I eliminated that other enemy's forces near him, I also declared war upon and beat back the northeastern threat. Now, though, that northeastern player has been using tons of new Gold, replacing units as fast as I destroy them. I've got the biggest empire in the match but this very small nation keeps building tons of medium and light tanks, creating stacks of 5 to 10 units apiece, left and right. I've had plenty of Bombers and used a good number of them to keep things even thus far, despite his Gold usage. So then he bought a stack of AA, more tanks, and nearly a dozen Fighters with some Strats to try to take out my air bases.

Did I mention he only had 1 working airbase at the time? Those Fighters and Strats arose in a day. I wiped out all but one fighter by the end of that day with my own Fighters...and then he bought another dozen. I've managed to wipe out most of those, too, so he's not doing that good. But he keeps buying more tanks....far more than his resources or factories could possibly produce. Oh, and did I also mention that I'm not using any Gold?

Now, my vassal has another opponent that is attacking from the east, and he's been complaining that that other player is using lots of Gold. I kinda doubt it since that player has the second largest empire in the match at the moment and could easily field the amount of forces I'm seeing. But that other player and I have managed to maintain a peace treaty despite all that's going on in the vicinity between our allies and ourselves....and my vassal has been successfully keeping him at bay.

Anyway, my vassal has only a small nation, but keeps managing to do a decent job against that other empire since I removed the other two players' ability to reach him. I've also been hitting one of them from another side and thrown that one into total disarray. Now, if I could just eliminate that heavy Gold-using northeastern player once and for all, I'd help my vassal against the other eastern player. But, for now, I'm helping him in other ways.

The long and short of all of it is that I've had a vassal in this match, it's been a very interesting and challenging battle with multiple Golders, and I've finally had to call in an ally from my other side to send some aid...and he sent bombers.

Unfortunately, he went to bed and forgot to declare war on my opponent....oh well.

The only way I'll lose this match is if both the enemy I'm facing [and my vassal's enemy?] continue to use Gold, so much to the point that we are eventually overwhelmed by their pocketbooks. Also, there's a medium-high rated player on the other side of them that has yet to get into the conflict...and I'm positive he'll join against me if he does get in it. However, by then, my allies will have finished off another opponent to their south and will be able to send in more to my aid if needed. Even if things went south for me, they'd be able to bail me out before I faced any possible threat to my core regions. And, frankly, I'm probably going to do just fine without them.

So, I have a vassal that I've helped, but I'm facing heavy Gold usage and I might need my allies to bail me out!

*Oh, and I haven't actually been requiring any resources from my vassal...only cooperation in taking out his enemies. If anything, he's benefited greatly from being my vassal. If I hadn't taken him under my wing, he'd have been eliminated and I'd be fighting his opponents by myself...though I'd probably not be any worse for wear, though.

^^

(EDIT)
      I won that match, along with two members of my coalition. My vassal state survived to the end, collecting a fair amount of Gold, also.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Diabolical ().

• tbh, I use lots of dirty tricks and backroom deals to win. It's how you do it. All's fair in love an war. I'm nice to my sworn allies, but if I find a random person who is an ally, and they're not helping me, I will find a way to hoard there resources and take them over. Now if they're in my coalition or are helping a lot, I will not do that--I have some morals.
    • T-3PO wrote:

tbh, I use lots of dirty tricks and backroom deals to win. It's how you do it. All's fair in love an war. I'm nice to my sworn allies, but if I find a random person who is an ally, and they're not helping me, I will find a way to hoard there resources and take them over. Now if they're in my coalition or are helping a lot, I will not do that--I have some morals.
      lol at "some".
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Hi all.
      This talk on territory trading and province trade limits is good.
      All talk in this forum is good, as I think all talk that would help all players better understand the game mechanics and get the best satisfaction out of the game has to be good.
      I have found a way to EXCHANGE provinces avoiding daily province limits. I have shared this with other players. I would like to share this here, but having been accused of cheating and abusing the game mechanics, I am dishearted to share it here.
      Note I deliberately choose the word EXCHANGE rather than TRADE.
      In one game (a 250 player frontline pioneer CoW game) i was able to use this method to EXCHANGE ownership of x10 of my provinces to another player in one day - no cheats were used, just game mechanics that we all use every day. This EXCHANGE of provinces can be used in any CoW game, but if I tell you, you will highly likely be called a cheat and a game mechanics abuser as well.
      I have to laugh at all this talk of cheating and abusing the game mechanics, yet the biggest cheat of all - the use of gold - is allowed.
      I wish you all the best enjoyment in this great game.
    • I hate to be the one to say this, but I find your poll too wordy...and not simple enough.

Heck, if "I" don't get it, who else would? I'm the king of long and wordy, here. And I say your poll is too unintelligible.

Why don't you refine it, simplify it, and then restart it as a new poll after doing so?

Sorry, not trying to bust your balls, here.

;)

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

I hate to be the one to say this, but I find your poll too wordy...and not simple enough.

Heck, if "I" don't get it, who else would? I'm the king of long and wordy, here. And I say your poll is too unintelligible.

Why don't you refine it, simplify it, and then restart it as a new poll after doing so?

;)
      Oh man... coming from you, I really LOVE LOVE LOVE this remark!!!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

I hate to be the one to say this, but I find your poll too wordy...and not simple enough.

;)
      Oh man... coming from you, I really LOVE LOVE LOVE this remark!!!
      Yeah, I'm thinking about adding that to my longer magisterial title in this game....

Diabolical, the Great;
      Neighborhood Preacher,
      Silver-Tongued Diplomat,
      Late-Game Empire Killer,
      And King of Long and Wordy.

;-J

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Should the VP you trade away in the province-for-province exchanges be limited? 5
        Yes (0) 0%
        No (5) 100%
      Edited version of former post. DRASTIC CHANGE.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."