Spy Bug?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have three counter-espionage spies in one province. Someone has placed spies in that province and they keep doing damage. The problem is, I haven't caught a single spy. This has been going on for three days. It makes no sense. I feel like this is a glitch.
      Is this a bug? ,
      ID 2375326
    • Your counter intel spies are likely collecting their pay and then they flip the coin about what to do next. The results seem to heavily favor taking the paycheck straight to the bar and doing absolutely nothing over doing something useful for their employer. :P

For a more serious answer having regular intel spies on your enemy can reveal the locations of their spies in your provinces, and make your counter intel spies jobs easier.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

For a more serious answer having regular intel spies on your enemy can reveal the locations of their spies in your provinces, and make your counter intel spies jobs easier.
      Oh, I understand that. I know where the spies are because of the damage they have already done. I'm a a little cash strapped, but I want the spies out of my capital asap. I just find it odd that with three spies and a 50v50 chance of them doing something, it has taken 3 days to do nothing at all, while the spies are still at large ruining my much needed good production. ;(
    • T-3PO wrote:

. I just find it odd that with three spies and a 50v50 chance of them doing something, it has taken 3 days to do nothing at all, while the spies are still at large ruining my much needed good production
      Nothing odd, counter espionage is notoriously ineffective, as Vorlon has pointed out.
      you cannot even counter with geldspies, such is the game design.