Big Player Turn Around.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Big Player Turn Around.

Was going through achievements, and saw that I needed to knock out a couple of wins on 'Europe: Clash of Nations' map. After joining 2 of them. Noticed that 90% of the players were level 1-10. So I created a coalition and invited the experienced players to the coalition. One low level applied and I accepted. Made a coalition opening statement talking about 8 out of 10 low level go inactive. Then he started asking question about how to play the game. Point being, lots of people that try this game, get frustrated and quit.

One possible solution would be to have some type of mentor players that would answer question in the nooby maps. In return, more players playing the game.
    • It sounds like a good idea but I feel like there would be a very high attrition rate for these mentors. Most of the people that join and then find the game too hard and quit are kids. So I can only imagine the head wreck it might be for people.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

It sounds like a good idea but I feel like there would be a very high attrition rate for these mentors.
      Being a mentor to new players can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. I remember when I was rookie, and I was embarrassed to ask questions in the forum for fear of sounding stupid or giving away game information to opponents who were also reading forum threads. Just being available to answer newbie questions in private, as a "mentor," would be a big help to many rookies.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

Being a mentor to new players can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. I remember when I was rookie, and I was embarrassed to ask questions in the forum for fear of sounding stupid or giving away game information to opponent who were also reading forum threads. Just being available to answer newbie questions in private, as a "mentor," would be a big help to many rookies.
      I suppose, but if I remember correctly there were some much harsher users around back then. Hopefully the forums are more welcoming now.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

It sounds like a good idea but I feel like there would be a very high attrition rate for these mentors. Most of the people that join and then find the game too hard and quit are kids. So I can only imagine the head wreck it might be for people.

Quasi-duck wrote:

It sounds like a good idea but I feel like there would be a very high attrition rate for these mentors. Most of the people that join and then find the game too hard and quit are kids. So I can only imagine the head wreck it might be for people.
      I can think of two ways around this.
      1st being to encourage Alliance leaders to be mentors in order to gain members.
      2nd to add a Q&A AI in our smart AI players. :) (This would be something I would love to do.)

Your Truly,
      github.com/NashBean

The post was edited 1 time, last by NashBean ().

• NashBean wrote:

2nd to add a Q&A AI in our smart AI players. (This would be something I would love to do.)
      Lol, no way would Bytro pay for that. Nice idea but it won't happen. Beginners already have those pop ups too, and the quick start info.
      Images
      • Capture.PNG

593.83 kB, 969×744, viewed 38 times

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Lol, no way would Bytro pay for that. Nice idea but it won't happen. Beginners already have those pop ups too, and the quick start info.
      Potentially I could program the help AI for recondition as a programmer. Have been studying their code for over a year. Would have the AI utilize all the other pop up helps and reference to the manual as answers. And using the current Q&A for the template of the AI. Would need for a better speller to do any writing.
    • NashBean wrote:

Got my AS in Computer programming in 1999. Where my English Teacher informed me, that I should surround my self with good spellers. :)
      I don't think Bytro like taking on coders from the community, sadly. Many have offered before but never get a response.

• For recruits to ask questions in the forum is a good way to learn, as long as they know the questions to ask. For example, most factories are based in cities, so the recruits build tanks and leave them there; not knowing the huge hit they take for being in a city. The last game I played my opponent landed a large armor group in my plains. I did a 'strategic withdrawal' until he chased me into the mountains. Then I hit him with inf. and commandos. I feel those are the things new recruits need to grasp. Maybe starting an alliance for new recruits would be the answer. If they did an alliance game and realized how long a game actually takes, maybe there would be less dropouts in the general (non-alliance) games.
    • cerealnerd wrote:

Maybe starting an alliance for new recruits would be the answer. If they did an alliance game and realized how long a game actually takes, maybe there would be less dropouts in the general (non-alliance) games.
      I feel that forcing noobs into an alliance will only make it worse.

• cerealnerd wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

I feel that forcing noobs into an alliance will only make it worse.
      Forcing?? Who said anything about forcing?Never mind.
      I think it is time to find another game to play.
      Have fun people.

cerealnerd wrote:

Maybe starting an alliance for new recruits would be the answer.
      I thought you meant force people to join alliances.... I guess you didn't and I misunderstood you. Either way, an alliance or two will not be able to help the bulk of noobs alone, so it is a poor idea imo. If noobs did want to learn from an alliance, they would join one, but I doubt many stick around long enough to find out that alliances exist.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

NashBean wrote:

Got my AS in Computer programming in 1999. Where my English Teacher informed me, that I should surround my self with good spellers. :)
      I don't think Bytro like taking on coders from the community, sadly. Many have offered before but never get a response.
      Actually I answered those from time to time.

We prefer having our programmers here in the office, so if you want to work on our games, feel free to apply for a job at Bytro :) You can even mention that you had contact with me already.
      Job email and open positions can by found on bytro.com. We are currently still in search for new developers and would also help with relocating etc.

For any jobs as home office I can't give an answer, maybe depends on what each individual has to offer. You can still apply and try to convince our recruiters ;)