Adjusting winning criteria

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adjusting winning criteria

I think winning criteria should be adjusted a bit.

It is quite boring, as you have killed your active enemies units, but they have some provinces very far from you and it takes days, till you get there to knock out him or you should conquer some inactives to collect proper number of VPs. Both task is very easy an takes quite a long time without any fun.

So I suggest to reduce winning criteria in the case:
      - your army reach 75% of all army handled by all active players
      and/or - your production reach 75% of production of all active players

Reduce to what level? I do not know... maybe it will be enough if we calculate only VP hold by active players.
    • Both of those sound quite bad imo, especially if someone wants to continue the game longer themselves. Also, you know you can retire when you are the only one left, up to when there is only 3 active players left, right?
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• yes from Italy to Australia... just to get there takes almost a week. And yes after this journey i kill him easily he got 25% army and me 75% - do not forget! - so again not big job), unless, he goes to Cuba and get a province and waiting, if i get bored and archive the game...
    • I think you have missed my point!

Yes for solo victory I need 60% of VP, let's say I have 25%, but all mayor active player are killed, but there are 2-3 other active players (which all together have quarter so much army/production, as me) located very far from me.

I can
      either: going against AI's to collect those VPs. I takes some days, without fun, just to close the game.
      or: going against active players (with no army, but very far from me). It takes some days, without fun.
    • szinisa wrote:

I can
      either: going against AI's to collect those VPs. I takes some days, without fun, just to close the game.
      or: going against active players (with no army, but very far from me). It takes some days, without fun.

"War is work .. - who doesn't hold out until the work is done and the war goal is achieved, did not deserve the victory - and who is not willing to work with fun will not have fun in a game of war - .. that's the game."

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D