Right of way

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Right of way

I 've been playing for a long time . I have one major issue with this game. When you allow another country to have right of way then when that country goes through your country then all of the sudden switched to attack mode. I don't think that is fair thing to do. Might be as simple is to never allow someone to have the right of way or not have that option to choose. Just don't think it;s a fair thing to do.
    • It would be a nice feature, if we could set the following:
      - if two country has the relation peace then if one of them change their relation to war, he cannot attack only after 12 hours passed
      - if two country has the relation right of way then if one of them change their relation to war, he cannot attack only after 24 hours passed

with these rules we could avoid misuse of these relations
    • mboss wrote:

I have one major issue with this game. When you allow another country to have right of way then when that country goes through your country then all of the sudden switched to attack mode. I don't think that is fair thing to do.
      Free advice, Mboss: Don't give a right of way to any player who is not a solid ally, and if short-term tactical considerations require you to do so, make sure the other player understands that the ROW grant is temporary and will be undone when the immediate purpose is accomplished. You can even go so far as to tell the ROW recipient a specific time period for which the ROW will be in effect. Leaving a non-ally with a permanent ROW is an invitation to do exactly what you described. Protect yourself ---- it's already completely within your own control.

I've granted a few temporary ROWs, but I've never given anyone the opportunity to slip the dagger in my back. Like ol Ronald Reagan used to say, "trust, but verify."
    • MontanaBB wrote:

"trust, but verify."
      Best solution.

Or this:

Be polite, Be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
      Which is pretty much how I have played ever since my first "ally" pulled this type of stunt on me. I learned in my first game that it was unwise to trust people I didn't know, and have been cautious about it since.

when people offer to share map i politely decline, and say that i don't share map on the first date.

I also don't leave my core or key provinces undefended. There is no reason to have my entire army elsewhere and leave the back door open for someone to roll up my entire country before I notice.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<