Spies Espionage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spies Espionage

The game says spies can be captured. How do you capture spies - I am having all forms of espionage occurring every day and I would like to know who is doing it and what I can do to make it stop. Goods, dollars are being stolen and all sorts of building upgrades are being damaged. I want to capture a spy and torture the truth out of them.
    • You can not catch enemy spies consciously, this happens by chance, and by counter spies in your provinces you increase the chance. It is also a coincidence if a captured spy betrays his country of assignment.

Tip: in each "World Herald" from page (day) 0 to 2 there is a direct link to forum / manual.

The manual..

My experience is that sometimes even spies can be caught in provinces where no counter spy is stationed, and rarely even completly without own counter spies.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I don't think that troops in a province affect spies.

However I have seen cases where I "caught" a spy and I had no counterintel spies at all anywhere. So I have come to the conclusion that intel spies in the country that sent the spy are equally effective as counterintel spies, but that is simply my own observation.

I do know that the two types work together much better than they do individually.

So Place intel spies on your enemies, or the countries that you suspect might have sent the spies, AND place counterintel spies in your provinces that are getting hit by sabotage.

If your intel spies provide a good description of where the enemy spies are located, such as:

Enemyx controls the following spies:
      6 in province a
      4 in province b
      250 in province c

Then your counter intel spies will be able to roll up a good portion of the enemy spy network the following day.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • While I think that Restrisiko's highlighted section of the manual indicates that counter intel spies aren't necessary, I came across the following in the S1914 manual that seems relevant, as I expect the spy functions were copied from S1914 without much adulteration.

S1914 manual wrote:

• Spies have a certain chance to get caught if they are stationed on foreign soil. The chance of getting caught for a spy on a sabotage mission is much higher than for a spy on an intelligence mission. This is due to the fact that sabotage missions involve a more severe intrusion into the enemy's economical or even military business than mere information gathering missions. The chance to get caught increases significantly if there are one or even more counter spies in the spied on province. Placing a spy on your home soil will automatically make him a counter spy.

so I dont believe that military units catch spies, I think spies are caught by "accident" almost sometimes.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<