Early economy production and military power

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Early economy production and military power

This happened long time ago so the details might not be that accurate (but i remember it well since it was a significant event), in the 22 players map with 7 days of peace period with AI and 14 days of peace period with players, i played as Russian Empire and fully conquered Karelia and most of Cossack Republic, Caucasus south of me played by an expert conquered 3 of Cossack Republic's province and 2 of Crimean's province. By around day 15 when it's possible to fight other players i had around 80 units, Caucasus declared war on me, i think they had around 74 units that i could detect, but i'd estimate of around +80 units at least based on what i didn't identify. Just a day after the war started most of my frontline forces have been wiped out, i think their casualties is around 40% of mine. This was the 2nd time i lost from an invasion that i chose to fight back (i usually leave myself inactive if i predict an invasion i cannot win coming to me).

So what i wondered was even before the war start how could Caucasus had better military than me?
      I had better economical and manpower production, so i thought i would be able to produce military faster than them, then on day 13 i met an obstacle that is manpower shortage, Caucasus manpower production is about the same as me, but i got more province so more manpower as well, but they were able to produce more than me, i doubt they're using gold, so how should i develop my military like they did?
    • Several factors may have been involved. First, conquered provinces only account for 25% of a core province; and after you just conquered them they have lower morale as well which reduces their production even more. So the conquered minors, which weren't that many, didn't account to much, and you still had roughly the same production.

Second, if manpower was the main issue, it is possible to enhance production of it by buildings; barracks in particular, but others as well. So if you didn't buy much buildings and he bought a lot, his core production rose afster than yours.

Finally, it is possible that he just spent his available manpower better. If you buy many infantry, AT, artillery etc, they consume over 1,000 manpower; if he bought planes and tanks, he could simply buy more units off he same manpower base than you.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Finally, it is possible that he just spent his available manpower better. If you buy many infantry, AT, artillery etc, they consume over 1,000 manpower; if he bought planes and tanks, he could simply buy more units off he same manpower base than you.
      This is likely a big factor. 14 day peace means you don't have to build a lot of infantry types that take thousands of manpower.

Consider:
      1 infantry 1500 manpower

OR

1 light tank 625 manpower
      1 tactical bomber 400 manpower
      1 interceptor 400 manpower
      For a total of 1425 manpower.

SO you have one unit and they have 3 for the same manpower consumption.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Several factors may have been involved. First, conquered provinces only account for 25% of a core province; and after you just conquered them they have lower morale as well which reduces their production even more. So the conquered minors, which weren't that many, didn't account to much, and you still had roughly the same production.

Second, if manpower was the main issue, it is possible to enhance production of it by buildings; barracks in particular, but others as well. So if you didn't buy much buildings and he bought a lot, his core production rose afster than yours.

You are correct on the last part, by day 15 all my provinces with hills/forrest terrain have 1 militia and urban terrain (7) have 1 AT and AA pair each. He have about 10 Int and Tac each while i have 10 Int and 3 Tac, i learned the defence force was mostly useless to build early, but i'm not sure how to incoporate building strong airforce early.
    • AK140 wrote:

but i'm not sure how to incoporate building strong airforce early.

I will admit first off that I have never done a 14 day peace period, so I am just going to adapt my 4 to 6 day peace period strategy a bit.

Day 1 build your barracks in top 4 cities to start banking manpower build infrastructure in all core resource provinces except start an IC in one of them (rares or oil usually, sometimes steel depending on the map/resources) Research artillery, armored cars, infantry, interceptors

Day 2 start artillery production when the research is done. Start a L1 airbase in another city, begin L2 airbase where the L1 you started with was. Research light tanks and tactical bombers. Increase levels of industrial complexes in other cities. Start another IC in a core resource province if rares/steel permit. Increase the levels if infrastructure on other core resource provinces as you are able continuously.

Day 3, begin production of Tac bombers where you have L2 airbase, Interceptors where you have L1 airbase, Light tanks, artillery, and anti air at the other industrial complexes as manpower permits. Start an airbase or an Infrastructure at the other core province you built an IC at. Increase your other level 1 airbase to level 2.

And repeat the Day 3 type plan for several days. The key points are that having barracks enabled in a province decreases the time to produce a unit, and that higher levels of industrial complexes will produce units faster. If you can start a new industrial complex every three days or so that gives you more provinces to produce units and to replace units with later. Prioritizing resources into economy early on will give you more resources and more production capacity later. It is usually a balancing act in a regular game to avoid getting steamrolled on day 4 because you chose economic development over defensive units, the peace period allows you to focus on economy.

I have many times lost significant forces in my advances, but with a strong economy and high level factories i was able to replace it much faster than my opponents.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

AK140 wrote:

but i'm not sure how to incoporate building strong airforce early.
      I will admit first off that I have never done a 14 day peace period, so I am just going to adapt my 4 to 6 day peace period strategy a bit.

Day 1 build your barracks in top 4 cities to start banking manpower build infrastructure in all core resource provinces except start an IC in one of them (rares or oil usually, sometimes steel depending on the map/resources) Research artillery, armored cars, infantry, interceptors

Day 2 start artillery production when the research is done. Start a L1 airbase in another city, begin L2 airbase where the L1 you started with was. Research light tanks and tactical bombers. Increase levels of industrial complexes in other cities. Start another IC in a core resource province if rares/steel permit. Increase the levels if infrastructure on other core resource provinces as you are able continuously.

Day 3, begin production of Tac bombers where you have L2 airbase, Interceptors where you have L1 airbase, Light tanks, artillery, and anti air at the other industrial complexes as manpower permits. Start an airbase or an Infrastructure at the other core province you built an IC at. Increase your other level 1 airbase to level 2.

And repeat the Day 3 type plan for several days. The key points are that having barracks enabled in a province decreases the time to produce a unit, and that higher levels of industrial complexes will produce units faster. If you can start a new industrial complex every three days or so that gives you more provinces to produce units and to replace units with later. Prioritizing resources into economy early on will give you more resources and more production capacity later. It is usually a balancing act in a regular game to avoid getting steamrolled on day 4 because you chose economic development over defensive units, the peace period allows you to focus on economy.

I have many times lost significant forces in my advances, but with a strong economy and high level factories i was able to replace it much faster than my opponents.
      Thank you for the advice i did a field test and was able to produce 10 Int and 10 Tac by day 12 originally i only focus on building Industrial Complexes, Infrastructure and Naval bases to increase economic power early, at first i believed building the airbase would impede my economic production, but it turns out the effect is minimal.
    • AK140 wrote:

at first i believed building the airbase would impede my economic production, but it turns out the effect is minimal.
      There is always a trade off between building your economy and being able to produce units. It is part of the guessing game about what your opponents are going to build and use.

VorlonFCW