Alliance World Cup – initial proposition...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliance World Cup – initial proposition...

(This message has been posted on all language versions of CoW Forum to spread the word across as many communities as possible. Please do not treat it as a spam / non-adherence to language obligations – I will delete it from all non-English forums within the next 10 days)

Hello everyone…

In the spirit of the current football World Cup I am calling all Call of War alliances to step up to the challenge - a NON-GOLD international tournament.

The idea is to have a 2-stages tournament – group phase and knockout phase, which will last at least 6 months. It will be played as a series of official alliance vs. alliance challenges (counted towards the ranking) on 10-players maps, with the initial peace period (2/3 days). Maps will be time-bounded, so every round can be started at the same time for everyone. We will work together as a community to shape it. We will use some external tools (e.g. challonge.com) to draw groups and host the whole lot. We will also create a rich section on English version of CoW Forum. Detailed rules will be published when we have a “green light” from Bytro Community Managers / Coordinators to organize the above and their commitment to periodically check maps around adherence to the agreed rules. We will then open the sign up period. I will be happy to coordinate the above from the players perspective…

However BEFORE I GO TO OUR BYTRO COLLEAGUES with more detailed proposition I need to understand how many alliances would be interested in this tournament. That’s why I am posting this message… This is an initial temperature check only not the official sign up… Are you hot enough to have a fight?

If we have at least a dozen interested teams (ideally 16) – we will start talks and have an organizational “mambo-jumbo” between interested parties.

So far the following alliances expressed their interest(this list hopefully will be growing quickly):

• Bad Ugly Maniacs (TOP1)
      • America Erwache (TOP11)
      • Bacon Lovers United (TOP 128)
      • Rogues (TOP 16)
      • Korpus Weteranów (TOP 17)
      • Oddział… mjr Hubala (TOP 7)
      • Polska Armia Tytanów (<1000)
      • Devastators (TOP 8)
      • Slowianska Unia Wojenna (TOP 6)
      • BEER AND... (< 1000)
      • Polish Black Knights (TOP 22)
      • X FLOTTIGLIA... (TOP 5) - from September

If you are interested – please contact me either by:

• a private message on this forum – username: Lord
      • in game message – username: Lord Twardy

I will then take it further…

Thanks in advance,

L.
      .......................................................................................................................................................................
    • I updated the list above - we now have 12 interested alliances.

I have also written to remaining leaders of TOP 20 alliances in the ranking.

Very soon we will start working on the rules together - I will then take the agreed version to our Bytro colleagues.
      .......................................................................................................................................................................
    • I be I interested if there were some kind of seeding. my team is pretty new, we've done a couple of training games and don't want to start by playing versus top rank teams.

if there is something that could be pencilled in were the lower seeded teams are in a group then the top one goes on to meet the winners of other groups?

will game results influence ELO? How does ELO work?

if any of the teams signed up are prepared to give us a training game then it would help ease us in.
    • We shape rules together - discussion is currently taking place between interested parties. Feel free to join it and I am sure we can agree every aspect together.
    • no mate - forum would not handle these volumes of spam.

If you're interested - PM me and I will provide details.

or you can check my profile - just realised that there is a link on my wall :P