Anti Air units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• there in no need to "target" an aircraft with an anti air unit. Your anti air unit will do that (defend itself) when it is in the aircraft's patrol circle or when directly attacked by the aircraft. Just about every ground unit has some level of anti aircraft ability - the anti air unit just does it better than most. You can target or directly attack an enemy aircraft with your own aircraft though.
    • In addition to the way Guioco explained, I like to explain that Anti air units return fire when they or the units at their location are attacked by the aircraft.

But that is only a basic answer, So for advanced answers you need to realize that the defending AA does get it's shot off at the aircraft before the aircraft attack is calculated. So if the air defense value of the target is high enough, it will eliminate aircraft like Atomic Bombers before the nuclear detonation.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

. . . you need to realize that the defending AA does get [its] shot off at the aircraft before the aircraft attack is calculated.
      There. I fixed it for you.

Remember: in the game of life, spelling and punctuation DO count.

Teasing Kosh aside, I believe this same dynamic applies when defending fighters are patrolling overhead when bombers attack ground units.
    • Thanks M. Fingers have a mind of their own sometimes when I get into a hurry.

MontanaBB wrote:

I believe this same dynamic applies when defending fighters are patrolling overhead when bombers attack ground units.
      I believe you are correct.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<