Victory Points Missing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Victory Points Missing

I have noticed an inconsistency with the way Victory Points are tallied. For example: I am playing a FFA round and captured a 20 VP province (which would have pushed me into fifth place), however there has been no change to my current point total. I also gave it a full day and still hasn't updated. Has anyone else run across this problem?
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943
    • Montana is exactly right. The newspaper reporters are lazy and they publish the list once per day at day change. They don't spend their entire day adjusting points up and down for all players as provinces are lost and captured. in a lot of cases it would change by the second.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • A fixed (and known) time at which the victory points are updated daily is even important for the game to work as a browser game where players are not always online at the same times ..
      .. imagine a football match or similar, where the one team has time in the morning, while the other comes later after work in the afternoon - if the goals were counted immediately, the morning team would always be the winner .. :00008185:

MACKMITTENZ wrote:

I also gave it a full day and still hasn't updated. Has anyone else run across this problem?
      If VPs will really not are updated after the next day-change which follows the conquest, and after you've at least tried if it works after you reloaded the map and possibly even deleted browser cache and cookies (and if you've not lost at the same time the same amount victory points because of losing other provinces ;) ), then you should send a direct message out of the map to the support .. :

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • It is also possible that you are looking at a previous issue of the newspaper. Unless you are sure that you are looking at the current day's issue shortly after it is published at day change you can be reading yesterday's news over again.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<