Killing Airplane convoys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I just tested it yesterday ingame 2 times, 1 light tank lvl1 vs 1 air convoy, in both times the air convoy dies in 2-3 combat ticks.

We also confirmed that in our combat calculator, by making 1000 test calculations, with the same result.

When the fight takes much longer, it must be because of some special circumstances or bugs. For example:
      Sometimes your troops capture the province before attacking the air convoy, due to the "unit jumping mechanic", then both are standing in the province center without fighting at all. That may be the issue in some of these cases. To circumvent that, always give another move or attack order to trigger the fight.
    • Captain Hurricane wrote:

ok, but they still take an unusually long time to die, I mean getting attacked by a brigade of tanks whilst you are sat helpless on the ground at a captured airbase should be over pretty quick i would say?
      I remember (or think I remember) that this was the case when I started playing this game. An airplane convoy of multiple planes was usually destroyed in the first hit from nearly any unit, which I think was a bug that was fixed somewhere along the line.

Of course when an airbase is located in a city that is captured by an armored unit you have to remember that the armored unit is fairly weak in cities. Only using half their strength.

Now there are some cases where airplane convoys defend themselves and do damage back to their attacker, but that doesn't always happen, so it is hard to duplicate.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Now there are some cases where airplane convoys defend themselves and do damage back to their attacker . . . .
      Well, as far as I know, that's not supposed to happen.

My biggest aggravation in the past is when I catch a wing of 6 or 7 or more squadrons on the ground, defenseless, with a vastly superior ground force (usually a vast moving column of armor and mechanized infantry) and it still takes several hours to kill those supposedly defenseless aircraft convoys. Of course, this leaves the attacking force pinned down and subject to a variety of counter-attack tactics with rockets, nukes, etc. This is why I have taken to killing off grounded aircraft convoys with tactical air and/or fighters, because they can kill off the convoys more quickly and they don't leave an attacking column of ground units stuck in place for hours.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Well, as far as I know, that's not supposed to happen.
      I agree it is not supposed to happen. There are a few, and I mean very few, reported cases of this and I have never been able to duplicate it. So it could be reporter error, or perhaps there is some circumstance that triggers it, but until we can duplicate it we simply have to assume that there was another force or unit involved.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<