CoW rockets act like cruise missiles and are very unrealistic/ahistorical

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Diabolical wrote:

There is also the possibility that you are getting hit by other airstrikes and/or rockets that you aren't noticing.
      I am guessing that was a stack of 3 to 5 rockets, so even a near miss could do that much damage.

PhiipIII wrote:

I lost 1 Heavy Tank, 1 Motorized arty and 1 motorized AA in a stack going full speed over the plains to one rocket.
      Heavy tanks are dreadfully slow. You need speed.

Heavy tanks do 25 km/hour on plains

You want single armored cars with some interceptor cover. A level 4 armored car will do 70 km/hour. Put that on forced march and you have 105 km/hr. Make them waste a rocket costing 500 rares on a single cheap armored car.

You scour the earth ahead with your planes, and rockets of your own in some cases. Eliminate the enemy units from the air and rocket through the provinces with your armored cars. Especially if you can roll up the coast while under the air cover of your planes.

When you do get your planes onto land, Never let them see where or when you are refueling your planes. Patrol them over the enemy and then have them patrol back behind the lines for a bit before changing airbases.

There also comes a point in some games where you don't have any good offensive options, and you have to shift into a plan to deny the enemy a chance to win. Figure how many points you need to keep so he can't win, and defend them vigorously. Wait for him to drop his guard or defenses, and then pounce. At some point if you let them grow they should have a weak spot in their coastline that you can exploit.

I would guess by this point in the war you have a considerable amount of cash on hand. Start using some sabotage spies in key areas. Core rare material provinces, level 2 airbases where rockets are produced, etc.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks for the replies.

Obviously I'm frustrated by the simplicity of rocket use and losing two stacks that I had to build, in Asia, transport across the ocean protected by warships, land safely in protected areas, deploy slowly across the map, Drive back my opponent who is spamming AA and Anti-Tank combos (your armored car idea is helpful but they just get crushed by L.6 AT/AA walls.

To break through I need to concentrate forces, which I do, supported by airpower, I break through and I'm driving on the rocket bases...

And then get totally crushed by a small stack of rockets that are quick, cheap, and easy to build and can be fired at moving targets with utter devastation.

They were on the plains with a bonus, in motion, and got totally wrecked. What would have happened to an unmechanized army moving even slower? Isn't this absurd?

Aren't rockets ridiculous?
    • Again to extend - I have 30 spies that have been ravaging my opponent and his food has been at 0 for 2 weeks. I have won the game - but he started spending gold on morale (I assume) and spamming AA and AT. I have 50k gold built up from previous games and bonuses and I will spend some, but I am discouraged to throw that away in a scenario that I cannot lose, but also cannot seem to win. I am so much stronger, but even a simple error or a phone call in close combat and you get a balanced stack pinned by 2/3 enemy units and *poof*. A better part of a day's production for a massive empire is gone to that which is produced in 4 L5 complexes in less than 9 hours.