Abuse of Gold Reserves by Big Spenders

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Abuse of Gold Reserves by Big Spenders

I really enjoy this game but I think it has a major flaw. If someone has a bottomless bank account they can circumvent the building queue to generate more gold then hit the BUILD and PRODUCE buttons to create infrastructure and army units in seconds, which will thwart the most well-laid plans. If someone is willing to throw limitless amounts of their own money to win, they're impossible to beat.

I wonder if there's a way to limit, perhaps on a weekly basis, how much gold someone can receive. Perhaps people could buy only so much gold for a week, but once they use it up they can't buy more until next week. Obviously, there would have to be a cap on how much gold could be purchased in a week. The idea is to try to level the playing field between these big spenders and people like me who just can't throw that much money at the game.

Another way of dealing with this problem would be to incentivize other ways of "earning" gold, e.g., giving gold for capturing provinces, nations, defeating a certain number of military units, etc.--there could be lots of different ways of doing this. I understand you can do this through "Achievements," but frankly a lot of these have such high standards that it takes a long time to reach them so you get the payoff, all while the big spenders run the table.

I know the game needs to make money, but there has to be a way of doing that which will bring more parity among players. Right?

DRK
    • Suggested many times, but Bytro does not want to implemented. Why? because It restricts the amount of money they can get.

Display Spoiler
      I am calling my bluff in hopes that Freezy, again, will swoop in and prove me wrong
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

Suggested many times, but Bytro does not want to implemented. Why? because It restricts the amount of money they can get.

Display Spoiler
      I am calling my bluff in hopes that Freezy, again, will swoop in and prove me wrong

exactly this if you don't want a gold using match you need to set up an allianceValliance match and stipulate those rules beforehand and hope the others will respect it.....now I think it's even against the rules to complaint about those spenders so soon an admin will close your thread ;)
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!