Revised PL Rule changes (Trial Period)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Revised PL Rule changes (Trial Period)

The International Player’s League
      Greetings General,

Welcome to the International Player’s League. The PL is a no gold allowed community event, open to all players (level 13 and above)

If you answer yes to any (or all) of these questions then you may have found you’re your monthly CoW battle of the month!
      • Do you have the tactical brain to take on the enemy in a time of war?

• Can you rely on your own decisions in the heat of battle?
      • Do you have what it takes to remain calm under pressure?

Player's League Rules:
      Display Spoiler

• Rule 1 GOLD USE IS FORBIDDEN!! We will set EXTREMELY harsh rules for breaking them.

If you are found to be using gold, you will be banned from the PL for the remainder of the season. However, if you report accidental use to a PL moderator within 1 hour of doing it, and are willing to accept, and cooperate in executing, a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again you will not face a PL ban for remainder of season.

Note: We will determine if something is accidental as most gold use that is reported as accidental is in fact intentional).
      • Rule 2 – Shared Map, Shared Intel and/or Right of Way is not allowed.
      • Rule 3 – Coalitions will be disabled.
      • Rule 4 2 day peace period for active players only
      • Rule 5 – At the end of the round, every player earns an amount of points equal to the victory points on the last day change of the round + a top 4 placement boost).
      • Rule 6 – Round usually start at the first day of the month, and run one full day short the normal length of the month (e.g. the January round ends at the day change from January 30th to January 31st). Exception will be published on this forum.
      • Rule 7 - NAP's are not a part of the official rules, and will not be enforced by the moderators.
      • Rule 8 - Moderator/PL Admin decisions are final. Players must respect and obey moderating decisions, if they fail to do so they may be expelled from the round or even the PL as a whole at moderator discretion.
      • Rule 9 – Be respectful: Morale rule based on staff ethics, Bytro ethics, and normal social ethics.
      • Rule 10 - End game agreements are not allowed (this is because it takes causes a game to go stale and players have voiced concerns on this as it leads to games "going stale" and the fun element is gone"

Note 1: All players who register in time and who accept the Bytro CoW Community Support Terms of Use and the CoW PL Rules are eligible to participate in league games. The management of the PL reserves the right to refuse to participate in serious cases of infringement in past league rounds in individual cases. In this case, a message will be sent to CoW Community Management.

Note 2: The use of gold is not allowed in league games (CoW Community Support monitors). Players who accidentally used gold must announce this use immediately in the newspaper (World Herald) and inform the game moderator @grandpooba52 or to the Community Support @Dr. Leipreachán about it. (Unreported gold use is considered a serious breach of rules and leads directly to the game exclusion).

Player’s League Format:
      • 1 season = 6 months (2 seasons per year).
      • 1 round per month.
      • Minimum rank: level 13.
      • Game starts First of every month .
      • Game will end on day 31.
      • The countries are randomly distributed (no free selection).
      • VPs = PL standing points (League Points [LP])which will form PL Roll of Honour.
      • Maps will change on monthly basis to ensure no map is repeated consecutively.

Player’s League Point System:
      PL points = VP so 1 point per VP owned at games end (e.g. you finish round qith 345 VP you have 345 PL points

Set place Bonus points (points given for finishing in top 4 in a round);
      • 1st place gets 30 PL Points extra.

• 2nd place 15 PL Points extra.
      • 3rd place gets 10 PL Points extra.
      • 4th place gets 5 PL Points extra.
      Note: Some players may lose PL points for violations of rules

PL Rewards:
      The three best players at the end of the season will win gold and a free premium account
      • Place, 20,000 gold and 2 months High Command

• Place, 10,000 gold and 1 month High Command
      • Place, 5,000 gold and two weeks High Command
      NOTE: THESE RULES WILL COME INTO AFFECT FOR THE AUGUST INTNL. PL ROUND ON A TRIAL BASIS
      (They may be enforced for a month or 2 extra for a better read/feedback)
      Dr. Leipreachán
      Community Support
    • amended rules that will take effect Dec ! 2018

Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

The International Player’s League
      Greetings General,

Welcome to the International Player’s League. The PL is a no gold allowed community event, open to all players (level 13 and above)

If you answer yes to any (or all) of these questions then you may have found you’re your monthly CoW battle of the month!

Do you have the tactical brain to take on the enemy in a time of war?

Can you rely on your own decisions in the heat of battle?

Do you have what it takes to remain calm under pressure?

Player's League Rules:
      Hide Spoiler

Rule 1 – GOLD USE IS FORBIDDEN!! We will set EXTREMELY harsh rules for breaking them.

If you are found to be using gold, you will be banned from the PL for the remainder of the season. However, if you report accidental use to a PL moderator within 1 hour of doing it, and are willing to accept, and cooperate in executing, a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again you will not face a PL ban for remainder of season.

Note: We will determine if something is accidental as most gold use that is reported as accidental is in fact intentional).

Rule 2 – Shared Map, Shared Intel and/or Right of Way is not allowed.

Rule 3 – B. Victory Coalition Formation to end the game
      Players may not form a “Victory” Coalition with players of different coalitions or unaligned with the purpose of ending the game quickly. To prevent that the following rule is applied:
      1. There will be no new Coalitions allowed to be formed after Day 21
      2. After Day 14 players may not join a coalition unless they have been unaligned for 3 days immediately prior.

Rule 4 – 2 day peace period for active players only

Rule 5 – At the end of the round, every player earns an amount of points equal to the victory points on the last day change of the round + a top 4 placement boost).

Rule 6 – Round usually start at the first day of the month, and run one full day short the normal length of the month (e.g. the January round ends at the day change from January 30th to January 31st). Exception will be published on this forum.

Rule 7 - NON AGGRESSION PACTS (NAP)
      An agreement not to attack each other is a NAP regardless if the term NAP is used or not.
      Such agreements may be broken at any time by a player regardless if it is described as an NAP or not.
      Players are encouraged to assign time limits to their NAP and to form more detailed arrangements with one another in regard to triggers to break the peace, but these cannot be enforced by the game code or rules.

Rule 8 - Moderator/PL Admin decisions are final. Players must respect and obey moderating decisions, if they fail to do so they may be expelled from the round or even the PL as a whole at moderator discretion.

Rule 9 – Be respectful: Morale rule based on staff ethics, Bytro ethics, and normal social ethics.

Rule 10 - A. Ending a Game
      The game may end in only one of the following:
      1. A single Player achieves the victory point required
      2. A single Coalition achieves the victory point required
      3. There are only 3 active players left and they vote to end the game
      4. The time limit is reached
      5. Tournament Director (TD) rules the game as 'Broken' and ends the game.
      In the latter case the awarding of points for the Player League is up to the TD.

Rule 11 - Ganging up pre arranged.
      If the TD feels that a group of players have purposely joined the game with the purpose of eliminating another player(s) as a personal item, the TD my assign sanctions in any manner they wish including but not limited to declaring the game Broken.

Note 2: The use of gold is not allowed in league games (CoW Community Support monitors). Players who accidentally used gold must announce this use immediately in the newspaper (World Herald) and inform the game moderator @grandpooba52 or to the Community Support @Dr. Leipreachán about it. (Unreported gold use is considered a serious breach of rules and leads directly to the game exclusion).

Player’s League Format:

1 season = 6 months (2 seasons per year).

1 round per month.

Minimum rank: level 13.

Game starts First of every month .

Game will end on day 31.

The countries are randomly distributed (no free selection).

VPs = PL standing points (League Points [LP])which will form PL Roll of Honour.

Maps will change on monthly basis to ensure no map is repeated consecutively.

Player’s League Point System:
      PL points = VP so 1 point per VP owned at games end (e.g. you finish round qith 345 VP you have 345 PL points

Set place Bonus points (points given for finishing in top 4 in a round);

1st place gets 30 PL Points extra.

2nd place 15 PL Points extra.

3rd place gets 10 PL Points extra.

4th place gets 5 PL Points extra.
      Note: Some players may lose PL points for violations of rules

PL Rewards:
      The three best players at the end of the season will win gold and a free premium account

Place, 20,000 gold and 2 months High Command

Place, 10,000 gold and 1 month High Command

Place, 5,000 gold and two weeks High Command
    • dirge wrote:

Please elaborate rule 4
      Regarding the peace period?

The peace period is a map feature that can be set at the map creation. In this case set for 48 hours from the minute the game starts, with a countdown timer in the upper right corner.

During a peace period the attack buttons are grayed out and not available, you also may not move into another players province unless you have right of way or higher.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Senior Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • dirge wrote:

Please elaborate rule

VorlonFCW wrote:

The peace period is a map feature that can be set at the map creation. In this case set for 48 hours from the minute the game starts, with a countdown timer in the upper right corner.

During a peace period the attack buttons are grayed out and not available, you also may not move into another players province unless you have right of way or higher.
      also the rule is only applied to human active players, if you fail to show up you will be counted as inactrive and you will be vulenerable to attack
    • Hello Players League,

I'm thinking about signing up for january but I have some questions beforehand.

Are coalitions a thing? The first post has under rule 3 that coalitions are disabled and later posts clearly states as ''3 B'' that a coalition victory is possible. So what is the way things are conserning coalitions in a PL match I wonder?

Can I drop out of a season whenever I want to? Or will there be consequences for joining the league in the future if I do?

From some of the rules I get the idea that a lot of players are doing politics in ways that seem a little unwanted to me. Or it just seems to me this way because of rules about ''endgame's'' and ''pre game ganging up''. What is diplomacy like in PL games and is this also monitored?

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • Edepedable wrote:

Are coalitions a thing?

1) Yes coalitions will be a possible option, but will sometimes be disabled

Edepedable wrote:

The first post has under rule 3 that coalitions are disabled and later posts clearly states as ''3 B'' that a coalition victory is possible
      2) the first post is an earlier post that was amended by the second post

grandpooba52 wrote:

amended rules that will take effect Dec ! 2018

Edepedable wrote:

Can I drop out of a season whenever I want to? Or will there be consequences for joining the league in the future if I do?

3) you may join as frequently as you wish, there is no consquece for not playing every month

Edepedable wrote:

From some of the rules I get the idea that a lot of players are doing politics in ways that seem a little unwanted to me. Or it just seems to me this way because of rules about ''endgame's'' and ''pre game ganging up''. What is diplomacy like in PL games and is this also monitored?
      4) yes there have been problems and diplomacy can be monitored
    • Edepedable wrote:

1) Depending on the map I supose then? Or do coalition options shift within the duration of a map aswel?
      coaltions are enabled when there are enough players on the map, not too many AI
      also coaltions were disabled this month because there were many requests for no coaltion

thanks for your interest
      hope to see you in january
    • Once upon a time you could not leave a coalition after joining. Reading rule 3, I am under the impression that this is no longer the case, and that you may join and leave as many coalitions as you wish, within the guidelines pertianing to day 14 and day 21. Is this correct?
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • Peter Mat wrote:

Once upon a time you could not leave a coalition after joining. Reading rule 3, I am under the impression that this is no longer the case, and that you may join and leave as many coalitions as you wish, within the guidelines pertianing to day 14 and day 21. Is this correct?
      we have a new thread where we are discussing coaltions Please read and comment there