Fire control

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fire control

I recently upgraded to High Command and have tried using the fire control for my subs especially. One of my enemies has been delivering large numbers of troops yo my provinces and the geography is such that he MUST pass through a narrow strait. I now have 10 subs in that straight all with fire control set to attack any enemy within range. Still he gets throughh. What am I doing wrong?
    • Subs don't have a bombardment range like destroyers, cruisers, or battleships. Their range is 5 km the same as any other units in melee close combat.

For subs:

Hold fire will allow you to sneak through an enemy blockade and spy on them without engaging any enemy units. Unless you are spotted by a naval bomber or spies you are invisible.

Return fire doesn't really work well for subs.

Fire at will means that your subs will follow your orders, so if you tell it to move it will move, if you tell it to attack it will attack. If it is sitting still it will attack units that stumble across it. So if your subs are moving while set to fire at will they will not engage the enemy.

Aggressive fire means that your submarine will ignore your orders and attack the first thing in it's path. So if you are moving back and forth in the strait it will stop moving and attack an enemy unit that gets within 5 km.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<